Sonic Electronix

*Sonic Rocks*Got a question for sonic.

First I would like to start of with saying I just recieved my Pioneer DEH-80PRS after being told that since its the new year and it was on back order when purchased, I may not get one. But I did so AWESOME!!!!

Anyways, here goes the question. I purchased a MB Quart FX1.600 a while back, for the longest time I never had the Gain knob mounted to anything so I would use the knob itself to lift it into position to hold and turn it the knob. Well over time this made the knob able to easily slip off, and now, it's so bad that depending on how the rod is positioned, it will cut the bass in and out like its going from min to max, with just the shit of the knob. I was going to be doing work on my car this weekend, and was going to take it out, and open it up and see if I could work some magic. If I am unable to work said magic, what would be my best option as far as obtaining a new one, or even get it fixed?

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

buy a new knob for $15-30 from maxxsonics

I am more curious as to see if I can get one out of warranty or something of the like. If not I figured I should just be able to buy one. Also, I do have a Rockford knob, wouldn't I be able to use that knob as long as the cable connector is the same?

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

u can try but it wont necessarily be the same

How wont it be the same? LIke I said, I was asking asking sonic seeing as how they dealt with my purchase.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I was asking asking sonic seeing as how they dealt with my purchase.

Hey RooTxBeeR,

Can you do me a favor and PM me your name and phone number so I can look up your order? I'd love to help you out with this and let you know how we can help you out.

Harry D.

468x60-forum-banner.jpg
2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 5.3L w/ Brutus 1700W, NVX 4 Chan, L7 Subs, Sony Deck & Alpine Speaks
Sonic Electronix Articles by Harry Donihue --> CLICK

RooTxBeeR,

I sent you a PM with information on how we have helped you with this issue. Please let me know if you need anything else, I'd be more than happy to help out!

Harry Donihue

SonicElectronix.com

468x60-forum-banner.jpg
2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 5.3L w/ Brutus 1700W, NVX 4 Chan, L7 Subs, Sony Deck & Alpine Speaks
Sonic Electronix Articles by Harry Donihue --> CLICK

Sonic ROCKS!!!

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yes they do...

Im into them more than 3k..... and ill just keep doing it.

Did you see they are packing SMD tools now !!!... bad to the ass!!....

Great job Harry D, and to those at SONIC.

The place to buy...