Sundown Audio

2013 Hifonics BRZ Line

iwannabeloud

you can try again

http://www.ebay.com/...a5b09145&_uhb=1

it could be cause they are trying to push it out.. to start getting the new ones in.. i believe all companies do that

Nope, been $275 the entire time. Try again.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

It's kind of commical watching some people spew out what they beleive to be facts and figures, specs and details.

Most have absolutely no idea what they are saying but they "heard it from another dude who really knows there stuff" and "I heard about a magazine review", "I had an old school amp from 2005 (I always liked the 14 year olds talking about old school)"...

I never understood why some guys continue to compare a higher end $400.00 amplifier to an amp half the cost.

Many of the smaller companies have only one line which is their best.

Someone then takes that companies "best" and compares it to another companies mid level that costs 30-50% less watt per watt and then proceeds to tear apart the mid level product and then of course goes on to bash the brains in of any one that doesn't support his favorite flavor.

It's nice to have pride in the product and company you support but please stop making up crap just to justify your decision and because you like Ford, it doesn't mean Chevy and chevy guys suck (or maybe you suck because you do think so...I'm not sure).

Brutus is our most popular selling amp and considered mid level in the Hifonics line of amps (we have 4 lines of Hifonics).

Here is some information that may help some of you get past the low cost must be a cheap amp theory.

We probably sell as many or more D-Class amplifiers then any other company in the industry.

These are example numbers for comparison reference (not actual amp costs...that's a secret)

When a competitor buys 500-1000 amplifiers a month (about 80% of the amp companies), they pay $100.00 per amplifier. (many of the smaller companies buy far fewer and pay much more)

When we produce amps, we produce 5000 amplifiers a month and pay $60.00 per amplifier.

The competitors amp sells to you at $200.00.

Ours amplifiers sell to you at $120.00 (watt per watt / apples to apples)

Some assume that because we sell through distributors and on-line dealers at lower costs, the amps (Brutus) must be inferior or cheaper then the others when in fact, they are far superior to 90% of the amps out there in the same venue in: component value, pcb quality, rated THD&N, copper trace signal and power path copper weight, board design and lay-out, number of and quality of output devices used based on output, capacitor volume, driver board chip set, damping factor, signal to noise ratio, efficiency, heat sink weight per mm, number of square inches of exposed alluminum for heat dissapation and over-all return rate.

If you are looking for even more performance and even higher build quality, please take a look at the new Mt. Olympus series for comparisons to higher level and more costly products.

If you are looking for top of the line build and sound quality, look at the new MBQ line with front and top mount controls and Full Range Class D systems.

if the magazine comment was to me i can see if i can find the published review from them.. i wasn't dissing on hifonics just a review i seen done by them not sure what year it was couldn't be more then 3 years ago..(hope its online dont want to go through all my magazines). and wouldn't think of any reason they would lie about it... i ran a bx2005d it served its purpose when i did and its serving its purpose now in my friends car...

blah guess the website is no longer up W.T.F all well guess i can look through the mags see if its in there

if the magazine comment was to me i can see if i can find the published review from them.. i wasn't dissing on hifonics just a review i seen done by them not sure what year it was couldn't be more then 3 years ago..(hope its online dont want to go through all my magazines). and wouldn't think of any reason they would lie about it... i ran a bx2005d it served its purpose when i did and its serving its purpose now in my friends car...

blah guess the website is no longer up W.T.F all well guess i can look through the mags see if its in there

Is this the one you are refering to?

http://www.pasmag.com/car-audio/reports/2170-test-report-hifonics-colossus-amplifier

This is the lowest review the Colossus (and is still excellent) has received in print and only because there was an error (typo) which we did not insist on re-doing.

It had the amp at 3130 watts RMS @14.14V / 1% THD&N / bridged at 2-ohms but if you look at the "?" marks, they had issue measuring correctly and actually producted 3130 watts @ .75% THD and over 3200 watts @ 1%.

Excellent 12.6 volt results as well and as you know, not many people play an amplified system with the engine off very long.

The previous versions of Colossus actually tested better and provided much more power at the same % THD&N....I will try to find for you if you are interested in facts....I love facts...

I also do not dispute the possibilty that someone had maybe a bad amp, insufficient power supply or less then accurate measurement abilities to give a less then favorable review of the Colossus amplifier.

No that's not the one it was an older model and done by ca&e ( i guess its longer then 3 years the mag been out of print for awhile time does fly by lately ) if im not mistaken...ill look through the mags i have see if i cant find it. It's possible i misread what they said..

im thinking it was the colossus II and you are right something could of messed up during test weather the amp or other testing equipment/person

lol and i guess if its that old of a colossus its kind of irrelevant at the moment

Can this thread be locked already please?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I am Fucking speechless this hasn't been stopped and the kids get put down for naptime.......

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Archived