3-way Active Question

mrdavebasshead75

i have the 80 prs as well. its a good unit. it all comes down on how much you wanna spend and how much fabrication you wanna do. and what you want it to sound like.

i believe for the price you can get much more quality buying separate at like partsexpress.

True and very good point! So I should sell the PWX's?? I figured I already had them I could use them but If I cant corporate them into it, then I could off them. Ill try parts express!. I just got a 2013 catalog!

The hu has 3way active capability?

So high mid and bas? Right

If this is true then I think you'll be better off with a 2 way active frontstage

Duh on my part!! Lol. You are right my friend about the 2way!!!. I totally forgot about that part. Disregard fellas!! I just did a goofy!! Lol..

• 2 weeks later...

Nice post! i just finished a all RF build with a shity cheap Pioneer deh1300 unit that came with the car when i bought it 6 months ago which i knew i would up grade later. In hind site should have done it first but i ended up getting the Pioneer DEH-80PRS. current system is a passive set up front stage with T265 comps and i think with this HU i will go active up front now that i have a better understanding of it all now.<br /><br />System log:<br /><br />Pioneer deh1300 (soon to be the DEH-80PRS)<br />Audio Control LC7 linedriver<br />2 T400-4s<br />1 RF Power bd 1000a1(old school but hits hard, upgrade to RF T1500 this spring)<br />T265 comps in front doors w/ T400-4 dedicated to them in passive soon to be active<br />T652 in rear deck running off 2 of the 4 ch T400-4<br />2012 T1D212" on trunk<br /><br />2-Kenetic Batteries in trunk<br />Stock Alt w/ big 3<br />2- runs of 0 AWG to Batteries<br />All RF wiring, fuses ect.<br /><br />Car- 03 Mitsubishi Lancer

i have the older version of the 80, the premire 860, im wired 2way active, to do a fully 3way active you would have to do no sub, and use midbass on low output, midrange on mid output, and tweet on high output

if you want a sub u can run sub on low channel output, use both midbass and midrange on mid channel but split the signal to 2 sets of channels and adjust the hpf on amp accordingly and set midbass to full range on amp and adjust that with headunit

thats how im going to try to do 3way active with my setup sometime, but 2way sounds ok for now

if you do it like this u can use the cresendo mids as midbass, and rf comp set as a 2way active type setup, should work but could take some tweeking

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

If this is true then I think you'll be better off with a 2 way active frontstage

This.

The headunit can run a 3-way front stage OR a 2-way active front stage and subs.

You cannot do 3-way active AND subs.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

This.

The headunit can run a 3-way front stage OR a 2-way active front stage and subs.

You cannot do 3-way active AND subs.

exactly.. I also got deh80 prs.. and all u can control when you run active is Highs / mids and subs.. all separately..

I got two sets of t2's running on t600-4 all active.. and for me, setting the crossovers and EQ was pain in the ass.. I spend hours and I still doesnt sound as good as it

supposed to..

I know its my fault.. im just not smart enough..

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Its not that you not smart enough, tuning is hard to do when you start getting a complex system together. It takes patients and time and trial & error. I contacted Pioneer support to find out what the high level outputs do for signaling. I want to run them into my LC7 for more pre-out to amps. I want to do a mini SMD Lexus set up. 2 sets of T265 comps in front doors, RF P38s in the kickers & another set of T265 comps in the rear door plus the T1D212" sub in trunk. so as of now what i am thinking is i will need another 3 way active crossover after the LC7 to control the signal. and i am cool with that. 03 Lancer should be loud and clear. Pretty loud with the T2 comps in doors and T1652 in rear deck but not happy with imaging from the rear and i know i can make it better.

Its not that you not smart enough, tuning is hard to do when you start getting a complex system together. It takes patients and time and trial & error. I contacted Pioneer support to find out what the high level outputs do for signaling. I want to run them into my LC7 for more pre-out to amps. I want to do a mini SMD Lexus set up. 2 sets of T265 comps in front doors, RF P38s in the kickers & another set of T265 comps in the rear door plus the T1D212" sub in trunk. so as of now what i am thinking is i will need another 3 way active crossover after the LC7 to control the signal. and i am cool with that. 03 Lancer should be loud and clear. Pretty loud with the T2 comps in doors and T1652 in rear deck but not happy with imaging from the rear and i know i can make it better.

You know Steve doesn't use the rear the rear speaker. He does have some but they are turned off

I did not know that, his videos showed him putting them in and running them off a PBR 300x4 and saying he wanted a little rear filler. Hence the lower powered amp vs the T1000-4 he has running the fronts. But it seems strange that he would put T5s in the rear doors, do all that tuning with Team RF to have them turned off. But i like rear fill plus not competing just learning toward a affordable SQL system.

Archived