Lab audio Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 I have a 2007 toyota tacoma with two American bass HD 15's on a DD m3a. I'm hitting around a 148-150db and I need some speakers that are loud enough to be heard over the bass, but I want them to be SQ speakers and sound good as well. What would you recommend? I have room for 6.5s up front maybe a component set or just 6.5 drivers and add separate tweeters doesn't matter. Then just some 6.5s in back. Any suggestions??
Carbon Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 Crescendo pwx lineup Anything RF Power High end Rainbow Sundowns
Kyblack76 Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 SQ? and loud ? Hertz Hybrid Audio Tech. New Nendo Mezzo's Lots of head room, and run active...... Get ready to pay to play..... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Ninja_v1.0 Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 I have a 2007 toyota tacoma with two American bass HD 15's on a DD m3a. I'm hitting around a 148-150db and I need some speakers that are loud enough to be heard over the bass, but I want them to be SQ speakers and sound good as well. What would you recommend? I have room for 6.5s up front maybe a component set or just 6.5 drivers and add separate tweeters doesn't matter. Then just some 6.5s in back. Any suggestions?? do you have a wall? Any pics of this setup? When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL
Kyblack76 Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 I have a 2007 toyota tacoma with two American bass HD 15's on a DD m3a. I'm hitting around a 148-150db and I need some speakers that are loud enough to be heard over the bass, but I want them to be SQ speakers and sound good as well. What would you recommend? I have room for 6.5s up front maybe a component set or just 6.5 drivers and add separate tweeters doesn't matter. Then just some 6.5s in back. Any suggestions?? do you have a wall? Any pics of his setup? This is like the 88th post he has asked for mid/high advice. 4 door tacoma im guessing? Would like to see the set up also.... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
FosgateLife Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 I have a 2007 toyota tacoma with two American bass HD 15's on a DD m3a. I'm hitting around a 148-150db and I need some speakers that are loud enough to be heard over the bass, but I want them to be SQ speakers and sound good as well. What would you recommend? I have room for 6.5s up front maybe a component set or just 6.5 drivers and add separate tweeters doesn't matter. Then just some 6.5s in back. Any suggestions?? do you have a wall? Any pics of his setup? This is like the 88th post he has asked for mid/high advice. 4 door tacoma im guessing? Would like to see the set up also.... 2 door tacoma. We'll get videos and pics up later today and to ight so keep an eye out. NO WALL. 2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/
FosgateLife Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 I have a 2007 toyota tacoma with two American bass HD 15's on a DD m3a. I'm hitting around a 148-150db and I need some speakers that are loud enough to be heard over the bass, but I want them to be SQ speakers and sound good as well. What would you recommend? I have room for 6.5s up front maybe a component set or just 6.5 drivers and add separate tweeters doesn't matter. Then just some 6.5s in back. Any suggestions?? do you have a wall? Any pics of this setup? Pics and vids will be up tonight. Youtube is LABaudio502. No wall. Box in back seat with full leg room up front. Subs up, port loading off door. DD Amp under passenger seat. JL mids/highs amp and Rockford 3sixty linedriver under drivers side. Will be changing to rockford amp soon 2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/
notorious97200 Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 One set of comps won't easily keep up with 2 15"s that can hit 150 db IMO. You may need 2 sets and turn the bass down if you wan to hear the mids & highs clearly. Look at the pro audio speakers, but don't go cheap if you want them to sound good ! I'd look at some JBL speakers, or other high end ones. I don't know how the Crescendo sounds, but......I doubt they can be on the SQ side ! You may need some processing if you run separate tweeters and mids. black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
notorious97200 Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 Changing amp won't help you. Keep your money for better speakers in your front door, and for good deadening materials. black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
SnowDrifter Posted January 24, 2013 Report Posted January 24, 2013 You'd probably need 3 6.5s per door. I have 2 per door right now on 600 watts total and they keep up very well. But I only have a pair of 12s ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.