Springfield XD45

This XD came into my hands from a customer at the shop, I wasn't necessarily looking to do an XD, but the price was to good to pass up for a nice condition 45.

So, I owned it for all of 5 minutes before I decided to tear it down and re-do it.

-Got rid of the factory texture, and stippled it up (in a nifty circular pattern my daughter says looks like fireworks)

-beveled the mag opening a bit more

- Ditched the crummy factory sights and went with Meprolight Tru Dots ( tritium night sights)

-re-worked the factory trigger bar a bit ( the aftermarket seemed to be binding so it came out to get looked over, got it figured out, but Im very happy with my trigger job, and didnt feel like tearing this down again, so the trigger is on its way into another xd)

-Shot it down with "Tactical Coyote Tan" Duracoat

-Gave the Feed ramp and remaining metal to metal surfaces a polishing

-lubed it all up with Frog lube and re-assembled it, clamped a big ol 190 lumen light/strobe on the rail.

Two 13rd mags of .45acp and a strobe that'll give you seizures makes a nice house gun.

xd451_zpscdcf4ac7.jpg

xd455_zpsa96ff5c5.jpg

xd457_zpscf4b583c.jpg

xd45light_zps4ae175f9.jpg

xd454_zps781cc6fd.jpg

xd45ramp_zpsab4386b3.jpg

xd456_zps8c4f8008.jpg

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Man...

Made my mouth water....

Sick my friend... sick...

Thanks man... I appreciate it. This one was fun to do. But Im already thinking it might go to a new home. I guess after doing this and the Glock, I need to have fun with an M&P, lol.

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Oh, an just cause I'm anal, the mags were a lil to shiny and actually slightly finished different, so I took 'em apart and media blasted them to give em a duller, more even over all finish, then for shits n giggles the insides got buffed up a bit ( I figure what the hell, can't hurt if the follower has a smoother finish the slide on.

Thanks Orion, had a feeling you'd dig this one.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived