Painting Windows To Black Them Out

Do NOT paint your windows black. lets just say i learned from experience and leave it at that. it wont cause your windows to break but it sure as hell doesnt work.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Vinyl will be applied on the outside of the glass.

actually, i just went out and put a little piece on the outside, it looks great. thanks for the suggestion! i still would like to see pics of the one you did, im going to have this guy i know that does custom vinyls apply it for me so its flawless, and im happy :)

what brand did you use? i got a 6 foot roll from this vinyl shop through the guy i know (got it for me at his price, paid like 10 bux for the 6 feet) and its supposedly supposed to last 6 years or something even with sun, its made for exterior windows on cars/buildings. im not sure if its 3M or not, i will find out, but i think im gonna have him do that.

it can be used with a heat gun to shrink it to shape to the glass like tint right?

actually, i just went out and put a little piece on the outside, it looks great. thanks for the suggestion! i still would like to see pics of the one you did, im going to have this guy i know that does custom vinyls apply it for me so its flawless, and im happy :)

what brand did you use? i got a 6 foot roll from this vinyl shop through the guy i know (got it for me at his price, paid like 10 bux for the 6 feet) and its supposedly supposed to last 6 years or something even with sun, its made for exterior windows on cars/buildings. im not sure if its 3M or not, i will find out, but i think im gonna have him do that.

it can be used with a heat gun to shrink it to shape to the glass like tint right?

The majority of my vinyl is 3m. I guarantee that a good gloss black (properly applied) will look as good or better than being blacked out with tint. It will definitely look better than painting. Yes vinyl can be shrunk with a heat gun. Its also much more flexible than tint so its easier to bend around curves & corners.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

The majority of my vinyl is 3m. I guarantee that a good gloss black (properly applied) will look as good or better than being blacked out with tint. It will definitely look better than painting. Yes vinyl can be shrunk with a heat gun. Its also much more flexible than tint so its easier to bend around curves & corners.

could u link me to the exact vinyl you use? im sure mine is 3M, im not sure though, ill have to check with the company, but its a nice gloss black vinyl made for automobiles/buildings, so, i should be ok.

pics of some vinyl windows you've done?

:)

I painted the windows on my Volvo with no special paint or preparation. We also painted my friend's van's windows black and it worked out fine. No problem with heat, even under the 'harsh Australian sun'. It obviously doesn't look the best from the inside but from the outside it looks great :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Since November last year, and has lasted through the entire Australian summer. If I went out and took pictures of it now it'd look exactly the same it hasn't faded. It was like $2/can spray paint too :D

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Archived