Well, that is definitely not the woofer i would put in a 4th order but that is an awesome looking box! Great craftsmanship for sure. I'm guessing it will be very peaky and kinda quiet in that box but who knows.

If you end up changing woofers, the dc lvl 3 18s will do great in a 4th and are way with in your budget and should get plenty loud off 1200 watts

but is that the best for a 4th in my budget? btw how much do they cost?

Not sure on cost but i think right around the $200+ range, depends what rep you talk to. Best is of course subjective but I can tell you that the lvl 3s are some of the best 4th order oriented woofers around. Then of course you have the sp4s and dc xls do well as well as several others but it comes down to whether you need that extra power handling.

But cross that bridge when you get there, hopefully this setup makes you happy.

Team NorthWestSPL

Well, that is definitely not the woofer i would put in a 4th order but that is an awesome looking box! Great craftsmanship for sure. I'm guessing it will be very peaky and kinda quiet in that box but who knows.

If you end up changing woofers, the dc lvl 3 18s will do great in a 4th and are way with in your budget and should get plenty loud off 1200 watts

but is that the best for a 4th in my budget? btw how much do they cost?
Not sure on cost but i think right around the $200+ range, depends what rep you talk to. Best is of course subjective but I can tell you that the lvl 3s are some of the best 4th order oriented woofers around. Then of course you have the sp4s and dc xls do well as well as several others but it comes down to whether you need that extra power handling.

But cross that bridge when you get there, hopefully this setup makes you happy.

Thank you so much for this info! I will look into it some more just to see what people are talking about.

IMG_1923_zpseba25f4f.jpgIMG_1275_zps14ef358e.jpg

I see you run this all inside a house, no car yet?

That's right. I've really procrastinated on the whole license thing. Ill eventually get it though. For now, I'm the loudest person in my town because of my room :)

right on man, you have a ton of stuff, have you collected any car amps so when you do get one your ready to blast all the haters?

XS-power1.jpg

I see you run this all inside a house, no car yet?

That's right. I've really procrastinated on the whole license thing. Ill eventually get it though. For now, I'm the loudest person in my town because of my room :)
right on man, you have a ton of stuff, have you collected any car amps so when you do get one your ready to blast all the haters?

No, not yet. I find it a tad pointless to buy things for the future that I may never need, so when I get a car, I will then buy and amp. Prob a sundown, DC, or an AQ

Your best solution IMO and great looking box btw, is to wall socket that 18 and get psi to build you a correct recone for that enclosure, there is nothing wrong with that motor or basket, only problem is suspension is super stuff making it a ported friendly woofer.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

^ if you do go that route. It is required that you take a video. :D

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Your best solution IMO and great looking box btw, is to wall socket that 18 and get psi to build you a correct recone for that enclosure, there is nothing wrong with that motor or basket, only problem is suspension is super stuff making it a ported friendly woofer.

Haha no no no, I would most deff not do that. I would just build a big ass ported box like a sain person and buy a new woofer seuited for this box. It's a win win situation even though it will cost more money.

Archived