Scion xB Sundown, Mechman, XS Power, Rockford Fosgate, JBL Build log

Here is one of the 551X that is under the seat. The MS-8 is on the underside of this. This is an old pic and the wires are much better now.

IMAG0394.jpg

Here the under seat rack looking from outside the passenger door. I have the fans on a switch that I can turn on if it gets warm under there, but I normally don't need to use them

IMAG0313.jpg

Here are the fans mounted under the amps in the rear. You can see the 4 wires running along the back side to connect both sides of the LEDS, the LED controller module, and one of the amp mounting bolts (#10-32 Stainless allen bolts). The white paint is Kilz primer. I put about 5 coats on the entire box and then about 3 coats of the black textured paint with the copper flakes in on the sub box side.

IMAG1648.jpg

Here is another shot of the bracket I made for the mount for the fans and RF sensor for the LED lighting remote.

IMAG1642.jpg

Under the amp cover/vent mounting lip that shows the LED's. I used hot glue to mount the 4 wires every 3-4". I used Cat 5e cable for the 4 wire hook up wire.

IMAG1636.jpg

I put new rotors, pads and red jacketed SS brake lines on yesterday. Stoptech Rotors for more than 50% off retail cost FTW.

IMAG1710_zpsc31364c5.jpg

IMAG1698_zps3905b7b9.jpg

IMAG1704_zps9045cb56.jpg

IMAG1706_zpsc1530903.jpg

Lookin great Bro. I'm just north of you a few hours and am in the process of building up enough pix to show off my system a bit. Will be doing stuff continuously, and posting up pix soon. Love seeing how you're hookin up your box, and I'll be doing mine my way. No matter what tho... make it your own. BTW... How does that 1-12 sound in there? Is it a ported or sealed enclosure. Looks like about 1.9 or 2.0 Cu Feet... is that about right? BOX LOVE!!!

It is a sealed box about 1 cu ft. It sounds pretty good but I need some tuning time with an RTA to fine tweak it more. I am actually going to be up at Ft. Lee by your area here in about a month, so I will be sure to contact you so you can check it out. I am the original owner of the vehicle and have owned it since Oct 2004. Under 65,000 miles on it. I have a DD-1 and CC-1 if you need them to set gains or crossover points......just let me know.

That's really a kickass setup you got going there. What alternator is that? Mechman? Did it come with all the necessary brackets and the right belt to run it? It looks like you're pushing about 2-3K... you sure u need an extra? Either way... better too much and have room for expansion. Definitely make sure u look me up when you're here on Ft Lee. We can get together and I'd be more than happy to use your DD and CC if you remember to bring them. I've been wanting to see how close to optimal my amp settings are. I am also the original owner of my 06, since Aug 05 and have almost 70,000 on it. A few trips across the USA will do that, as well as about a dozen trips from Oregon-Washington-Idaho-Montana and back and forth. I'm sure your sub is probly hitting pretty well, that Sundown probly makes my Soundstream 10 sound like an 8. LOL. We'll have to see when you get here.

Archived