Lookin for a full size semi auto. Interested in the more modern polymer frame pistols. Gun will be used mainly as a range toy, and hopefully never needed for home protection. I never plan on conceal carrying. Interested in either 9mm or .45.

I've shot and loved the glock 17 and 21, as well as Springfield XDm 9 and 45. Loved em all and know they are popular choices, but as of now are impossible to find. So I've been looking into other less popular models and was hoping if people could lend their thoughts to...

Ruger SR9 / SR45

Taurus 24/7 series... What are people's thoughts on Taurus firearms? I haven't heard much about em.

Walther firearms. Like say the PPQ?

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Budget wise, I'd like to keep it under $700ish

Thanks guys!

It seems a lot of people say that about a m&p, but I never see why people say they dont like them.

I have one, have no issues with it at all. It shoots fine, it hits the target. Sure a XD is a nicer gun, but id take m&p over the glocks I shot with exception of 2 models..

maybe its just me, but i cant see whats so bad about the m&p's

M&P actually fits my hands. And i dont mind it. Yep, im one of the "those".

EDIT- i still dont own one, but.... just saying...

OP - you like a piece or 2, that youve handled, then your almost home.

DONT buy a piece just because its on the shelf. Wait.

You like what you like, go get it.

M&P actually fits my hands. And i dont mind it. Yep, im one of the "those".

EDIT- i still dont own one, but.... just saying...

OP - you like a piece or 2, that youve handled, then your almost home.

DONT buy a piece just because its on the shelf. Wait.

You like what you like, go get it.

I agree... if it dont feel right dont buy it because its there and money is blowing a hole in your pocket..

I dont agree with those that say it dont matter if it fits your hand and is comfortable, because thats not its point, the point is protection. Or so some people will argue this as a reason to buy a pistol..

Well if it dont fit right, your going to hate shooting it, and feel fatigue from shooting it, and wont want to continue shooting it, and when you need it, you wont want to use it.

As for the M&P, the reason I was wondering is because everyone says blah blah blah M&P sucks, but no one never has a reason.. Sure its not a $2,000+ 1911, nor does it claim to be, but its a reliable pistol.

Straight up B,

I could own a M&P. Easily. It "works" for my paws. And i dont care about what others say.

OP- like you shouldnt. Go shoot. Toss lead down range, and get one that "is a part of ya".

Dont look back.

CHeers, and happy shooting...

EDIT-spelling... derrrrrr

ive owned alot of handguns over the years and have settled on a few favorites. Glock, Springfield xd and most 1911 based pistols. Oh yeah and the caliber is .45, all others are for women. Just kidding

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

Ill rather stick to my .40 for my everyday carry.

I got 45s too, but at the end of the day my 40 will have more rounds, with a faster traveling bullet with similar ballistic testings as the 45 round, if not better.

All irrelevant points people make that are easily arguable and proved wrong. ;)

When I say I wasn't a fan of the M&P, I mean it didn't fit my hand well. I also didn't particularly like the trigger, but that could be because it was a rental.

Appreciate the advice so far. I certainly wouldn't buy a gun I haven't shot myself.

As far as brands like Taurus, I guess I was just curious about their reputation, durability, etc...

Thanks guys!

Archived