Second Skin Audio

What should i power these subs with

homereme

i have a dc 220 spx alternator i think it would be able to handle two 2.k amps i could be wrong tho

LOL dude you'll smoke those kickers in no time with double the rated power.

it depends on what voice coils you have on the L7's though. if you're wired to 2 ohms right now, then that would explain why you think they could take more power. because the amp is giving them like not even 1000rms total.

i have a dc 220 spx alternator i think it would be able to handle two 2.k amps i could be wrong tho

it depends on what voice coils you have on the L7's though. if you're wired to 2 ohms right now, then that would explain why you think they could take more power. because the amp is giving them like not even 1000rms total.

definitely i have to re-wire them , how did this not cross my mind lol

thank you and everyone else who gave their input i appreciate the help

• dc 220 spx alternator
  • yellow top optima
  • big three upgrade
  • stinger roadkill deadening
  • two kicker L7 15s
  • 2000 watt hifonics amp
  • rockford fosgate tweeters

2003 chevy impala

answer the question before you start taking the woofers out of the box.

what is the configuration of the voice coils. dual 4? dual 2? this is literally the most important thing.

what is the configuration of the voice coils. dual 4? dual 2? this is literally the most important thing.

i have the dual 2ohm, i could wire both to 1 ohm couldnt i?

• dc 220 spx alternator
  • yellow top optima
  • big three upgrade
  • two kicker L7 15s
  • 2000 watt hifonics amp

2003 chevy impala

i have the dual 2ohm, i could wire both to 1 ohm couldnt i?

negative ghost rider... 2 ohm wired parallel is .5 ohm... which pretty sure your hifonic amp would throw a fit over

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

$5 says you're wired to 2 ohms on that amp. thats why you think they can handle more.

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

you bought the wrong coil type to wire 2 woofers to 1 ohm. you can only wire to 2 ohms. so you can either get a kicker zx1500, or some amp that does 2000rms at 2 ohms like an audioque 3500 or crescendo 3500.

edit: or get new woofers that have d1 or d4 coils.

damn so my only choice would be to buy a new amp and get one that is .5 ohm stable if i wanted to wire them to 1ohm right

• dc 220 spx alternator
  • yellow top optima
  • big three upgrade
  • two kicker L7 15s
  • 2000 watt hifonics amp

2003 chevy impala

damn so my only choice would be to buy a new amp and get one that is .5 ohm stable if i wanted to wire them to 1ohm right

you can't wire them to 1 ohm. it's not possible. you can wire it to .5 ohm but I don't know of any amps that are low enough wattage to not turn those subs to mush that are .5 ohm stable... your best bet is like kranny said either get an amp that does 2000 at 2 ohm or get subs that are either 4 ohm or 1 ohm

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Archived