DIY Tint

DubNDodge

155? Ive never paid less than 200 for tint.

I was talking about how far away they were. The closest shop is 65 miles to me compared to the one that was 155 miles away.

Well I guess if you are paying over 200 then 170 can't be too bad. I'll have to ask them what brand they use

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

155? Ive never paid less than 200 for tint.

I was talking about how far away they were. The closest shop is 65 miles to me compared to the one that was 155 miles away.

Well I guess if you are paying over 200 then 170 can't be too bad. I'll have to ask them what brand they use

You will hear different opinions on this but I like 3M and Llumar

DIY tints aren't easy, but it's doable.

If you can get a hold of a quality tint, they should behave much better than the cheap ones.

Also, if you get a decent size roll you have something to practice with.

From what I've heard you need a quality tint to have it behave if you're to heat shrink it.

I would also suggest you to get a few basic tint tools, should make it simpler.

I've only worked with cheap tint, and no professional tools so far. But the job my buddy and I did on his 05 Volvo came out close to perfect.

On the other hand, I've seen some pretty bad DIY tint jobs, so it would depend on your skill.

There's some good youtube videos on the subject, so search it up!

I tried e DIY stuff a couple times. Said fuck it, and paid a shop to do it. Make sure the shop offers a good warranty. I had 3m and it was $155 with a full warranty against any kind of boules fading(like to purple), peeling ex. They told me with 3m any 3m dealer would fix it under warrant.

I don't recommend an audio shop, they are very expensive. Mine was done by a window shop and turned out great.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

I had mine done by a car dealership and they did a good job except for one window with a tiny bubble but it was their job to get it right so I asked them to re do it and they did free of charge, so if there are any car dealerships close maybe try that.

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

I had mine done by a car dealership and they did a good job except for one window with a tiny bubble but it was their job to get it right so I asked them to re do it and they did free of charge, so if there are any car dealerships close maybe try that.

What manufacturer? I have never heard of this. Did you get 35%vlt or something

I just got my tint done a few days ago at a local shop. Warrantied for life, any issues I swing by and get it fixed for free. Went 20% all around with a 5% sun strip for $155 after taxes. Could've gone 5% but figured that would personally be too dark for me, eyes aren't the best. I helped a buddy out with a DIY kit from Walmart, it came out a little bubbly, but if you take the time and use the right tools it can come out pretty good. Didn't purple out for the length he owned the car.

DIY tints aren't easy, but it's doable.

If you can get a hold of a quality tint, they should behave much better than the cheap ones.

Also, if you get a decent size roll you have something to practice with.

From what I've heard you need a quality tint to have it behave if you're to heat shrink it.

I would also suggest you to get a few basic tint tools, should make it simpler.

I've only worked with cheap tint, and no professional tools so far. But the job my buddy and I did on his 05 Volvo came out close to perfect.

On the other hand, I've seen some pretty bad DIY tint jobs, so it would depend on your skill.

There's some good youtube videos on the subject, so search it up!

What tint tools? I have a heat gun, a rubber squeegee, and a ton of razor blades.

I tried e DIY stuff a couple times. Said fuck it, and paid a shop to do it. Make sure the shop offers a good warranty. I had 3m and it was $155 with a full warranty against any kind of boules fading(like to purple), peeling ex. They told me with 3m any 3m dealer would fix it under warrant.

I don't recommend an audio shop, they are very expensive. Mine was done by a window shop and turned out great.

I would love to go to a 3M certified shop, but the only ones near me are over 100 miles away.

What manufacturer? I have never heard of this. Did you get 35%vlt or something

Yeah I was about to say, I don't think that they would do tints like 15%. Or if it was illegal in that state.

I plan on doing 15% all around and then 30% on front side windows. In Ohio you are aloud to have to have 50% on front windows, but your back windows can be spray painted if you wanted.

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

You can spot someones car from a mile away that did not have the tint done professionally, and 99% of the time it looks like shit.

Tinting windows is something that you would need to practice to get it down right.

pay to have a pro do it, everyone around here has a lifetime warranty also, so if something does mess up they have to fix it no charge

XS-power1.jpg

Yupp N8 was right. So far the only place that I have gotten ahold of will do my car for 260. Was hoping for under 200. Oh well, still going to look around a bit. Hopefully something under 75 miles..

Archived