AQ 100.4 1 of 2

DubNDodge

The amp you have is one of two prototype/test amps I had made. Those amps were AP tested and rated by AP at a little over 100 watts and were noted as such in the serial numbers. When I had the amp put into production I gave them a rating of 90 amps and the production runs have always been given a 90 amp rating and labeled as such. The production runs of the AQ/SQ 4x90's have the same boards/specs as the prototypes. Over the years we have made several upgrades to the amps so far as the heatsink and better parts/production methods as they became available. I rated the amp at 90 watts because we are conserative in our ratings of all of our products.

I am proud of every product we sell and strive to offer the best dollar value product for product. If you have a question about any of our products don't hesitate to e-mail me at [email protected] and I will give you an honest answer; I may not know all the answers off the top of my head but if I don't I will research it and get back to you.

dj, owner AQ/SQ

Now that is customer service people and I even learned something today!!! Thanks Greg and DJ for clearing that up!!!

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

x2

Thank you for all the help everyone! Especially DJ, AMI, and Greg.

Sorry for coming to harsh conclusions so fast.

Proud owner of a AQ100.4 :D

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

The amp you have is one of two prototype/test amps I had made. Those amps were AP tested and rated by AP at a little over 100 watts and were noted as such in the serial numbers. When I had the amp put into production I gave them a rating of 90 amps and the production runs have always been given a 90 amp rating and labeled as such. The production runs of the AQ/SQ 4x90's have the same boards/specs as the prototypes. Over the years we have made several upgrades to the amps so far as the heatsink and better parts/production methods as they became available. I rated the amp at 90 watts because we are conserative in our ratings of all of our products.

I am proud of every product we sell and strive to offer the best dollar value product for product. If you have a question about any of our products don't hesitate to e-mail me at [email protected] and I will give you an honest answer; I may not know all the answers off the top of my head but if I don't I will research it and get back to you.

dj, owner AQ/SQ

so it is a 90.4 but just labeled as a 100.4 because its a prototype and 100x4 isnt the "conservative" rating. correct?

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

dj, owner AQ/SQ

so it is a 90.4 but just labeled as a 100.4 because its a prototype and 100x4 isnt the "conservative" rating. correct?

I could have rated them all over a hundred and been within specs. Correct it doesn't have the conservative rating.

good to know

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

• 1 year later...

Archived