Volt meter

The VM-1 is so much better because it has a easier readout and it responds atleast 10 times faster.

As you could see in the video the VM -1 showed a drop below 12.5v, while the stinger was reading 13.4v.

@Slayer

I'm pretty sure the components are 100% the same, just a different insert.

Audiotechnix doesn't seem like a company that would actually take the time (or has the knowledge) to change the internals.

I need my coffee lol! Corrected.

The VM-1 is so much better because it has a easier readout and it responds atleast 10 times faster.

As you could see in the video the VM -1 showed a drop below 12.5v, while the stinger was reading 13.4v.

@Slayer

I'm pretty sure the components are 100% the same, just a different insert.

Audiotechnix doesn't seem like a company that would actually take the time (or has the knowledge) to change the internals.

The components are not both the same, The voltmeter Steve built is analog not digital.

I'm thinking he meant Audiotechnix is the same as Stinger. We all know Steve's is beast and nothin like it. Re-read that Carbon lol. He was sayin AT is same as Stinger. Component wise.

Sheena = pedobear

Im too lazy to read through all these posts but it has different internals than the stinger. Im buying one within a few days to try out.

I think i rememer coleman responding to a few comments on facebook and he said it had different components.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Im too lazy to read through all these posts but it has different internals than the stinger. Im buying one within a few days to try out.

I think i rememer coleman responding to a few comments on facebook and he said it had different components.

As I thought... I searched for the facebook comment and found it.

"The Audio Technix is a a tooled module in the meter, not just a sticker

that an be pealed off. I will be putting a few on an 18v setup this

upcoming weekened."

He is talking about the insert that shows the name, that's the only thing that he "tooled".

It happens quite often that some people think their manufacterer actually did something worthwhile, but he didn't... (especially with audiotechnix.)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

That wasn't the comment. I would go look for it but I'm at school atm.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

The AT meter is a re badged stinger meter.

Coleman said they just get the cases from the same distributor, supposibly the components on the inside are superior to Stingers

Well then... I'm tempted to order one myself and compare it to the stinger meter.

I realize there is a lot of copying and similarities in the audio game. That's just the nature of it. But come on - don't polish a turd

Found it.

No copyright broken. There was special tooling that was involved for this meter. Yes it shares the same case as the Stinger Volt Meter and is made by the same manufacture but that's about it.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Found it.

No copyright broken. There was special tooling that was involved for this meter. Yes it shares the same case as the Stinger Volt Meter and is made by the same manufacture but that's about it.

That's exactly what he said in the other quote I gave.

And the only thing he says is that he didn't use the stinger name, that's the only copyright stinger has on that voltage meter.

So the audiotechnix volt meter is just like the stinger, except there is a different insert.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived