Second Skin Audio

SA-8 box for dodge dakota, box question

Stratostar250

just do 2 sd-2 10's thats what I did fits behind the seats find, I just got to get my box wensday.

387037_469633526433276_2042281377_n.jpg

I change the height to 14in.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Here is my final idea. I finally made something that seems to fit in every aspect. It comes in a little shy at .49cuft. and is tuned at 36.5hz, but it's really what will fit in my truck quite easily, and isn't too complicated to make work. It has over 12 cuin per sq foot for port area, so port noise should be lessened, may still be evident, but i think it'll be okay. I only made it one port, and the port now goes into the box a couple of inches so that i could get a longer port total. here's how it looks. I only have one question now.

Does anyone know if it matters if i port it on the driver side or passenger side if it'll make a big difference? which way should i face the port?

Thanks! if i don't get any responses soon i'll probably make a new topic asking this, hoping it'll be easier for people to find.

boxstuffs3.png

I think its reverse on port side ... like if ported to driver side itll be louder on passenger side ... thats just what ive read a few times so idk how true it is lol. But spec wise your new design seems pretty good buddy cant wait to see it assembled ... If I have times while im home this time (im a career truck driver lol) I have designed a box to house 4 infinity refrence 8s .. not nearly as beasty as the sa8 but I got a great deal on em and just wanna play with em with a few different boxes and such lol

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

yeah, that's what i was thinking, port on passenger side, because then by the time the air gets to the drivers side, it's pushed around alot more air. but that's what i think is right too, i just sketched it up this way because i had already made the hole there, so im probably gonna throw it on the other side, and man, 4 of those 8's im sure will do work too, i have a friend with a 12 infinity ref. and they are pretty decent subs. I know what you mean too, playing around with boxes is always fun, its always surprising how much of a difference a box can make, and especially if you get a great deal on the subs. i got 2 boston 15's for dirt cheap, so i just had to grab them, you know how it goes ;D haha

Here is my final idea. I finally made something that seems to fit in every aspect. It comes in a little shy at .49cuft. and is tuned at 36.5hz, but it's really what will fit in my truck quite easily, and isn't too complicated to make work. It has over 12 cuin per sq foot for port area, so port noise should be lessened, may still be evident, but i think it'll be okay. I only made it one port, and the port now goes into the box a couple of inches so that i could get a longer port total. here's how it looks. I only have one question now.

Does anyone know if it matters if i port it on the driver side or passenger side if it'll make a big difference? which way should i face the port?

Thanks! if i don't get any responses soon i'll probably make a new topic asking this, hoping it'll be easier for people to find.

boxstuffs3.png

6 square inches of port, will produce 38 m/s of peak airspeed at sub's rated power, that likely is going to translate into port noise.

yeah, i figured it may be a little noisy, but i am really not too sure on how to compensate for it, i don't have that much room to work with, and the bigger i make the ports, the longer i need them to be, and it's about as long as it can get now, and i dont think im ready to bend them for more area, i don't have that much experience yet, so i was thinking this was about as decent as i can get for the moment, i thought about doing 2 ports to make the port size bigger, one on each side, but i found out that the length of each has to be extremely long on both sides. so I am kinda lost on what to do at this point. This so far is my best bet though. Still looking at stuff though.

Well, I went out to my truck, made some final measurements, and then i decided that i guess i can do this a little more proper than i have been trying to. I came up with something a bit bigger, but will still give me more room than i have now. I am going to build the port behind the passenger seat, and the port, finally is much larger than all previous ones. Who knows, with my luck, it still be somewhat noisy, but it will for sure be more quiet than the others in port noise aspects. building the port this way bumped the box volume back up to just over half a cube, and the tuning is around 37hz, i was hoping i could get it a little lower, but it is just quite hard to, and 37 isn't really that high either, but here it is! if you guys see any problems with it, let me know, and i'll look them over. and of course, that top board will be on top of the ports :) thanks again guys for all your help. i appreciate it!

boxfinal.png

Ingenious lol didnt even think about doing it like that lol

Not am expert but thats alot of port area .. could have some unloading issues maybe?

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Archived