best cross over for a sq 3 or 4 way system

JeremyN

Im having a hard time finding a crossover for a solid 3 way system. Any help would be nice.

BTW 3SIXTY.3 and bit one are out of my price range

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

go 2-way and get an active capable HU

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

What kind of "3 way system" are we talking about here ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

A good number of headunits have the capability to run 3-way with cross overs built in. Of course you need different amps.

Without knowing anything about your components, I'll suggest a 1" + 5.25" + 2x8" + XXX subwoofers

Without going all the way to a bit one, here are a few tricks:

Get a kit for the upperrange like tweeter + 5.25, use the filter that comes along (usually around 3.5k). Make sure amp is set to HighPass at around 100-150hz.

Midbasses - These are usually the trickies, as u want them to bandpass filter probably not lower than 40-60hz, and most likely not more than 150hz. Depends heavily on the model and situation. This is how I've liked it. Gives decent power handling and a lot of SQ potential. Some amps have the capacity to run bandpass filter, i.e. cutting both at the lower end and at the upper end. If the amp does not support it, perhaps a combination of the headunits filter and the amp will do.

Woofers, with a good mount of midbasses and decent power, there should not be any reason to need woofers to play higher than 65hz. (SQ competition guys usually stay at around 40-45hz).

Hope you got something out of this :)

Don't like sharing your knowledge?

Welll.. Don't come here and grab others then! - GTFO.

Not to thread jack but how would the 2x4 be able to hook up to a system with lets say a 4ch amplifier for speakers running active AND a mono block ..... would you be splitting the signal somewhere? I mean this will help me and OP understand..... Thanks for any tips on that

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

Not to thread jack but how would the 2x4 be able to hook up to a system with lets say a 4ch amplifier for speakers running active AND a mono block ..... would you be splitting the signal somewhere? I mean this will help me and OP understand..... Thanks for any tips on that

would you need (2) minidsp 2x4's??? hopefully I'm not an idiot .... lmao

map:

source ---> input on mDSP#1

mDSP#1---> output 1+2 to input 1+2 on Front stage amp

mDSP#1---> output 3+4 to input on mDSP#2

mDSP#2---> output 1+2 to input 3+4 on Front stage amp

mDSP#2---> output 3+4 to input on mono amp

Since most h/u's have sub out, you don't need another processor to what can already be done.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Since most h/u's have sub out, you don't need another processor to what can already be done.

WELL good sir.... idea in that map was the source would be a PMP of some sort..... would that then require that mapping or would that even work?

Archived