GoPro cameras

I considering buying one, because I want a good video camera.

But video stuff is confusing to me. So anyone that understands this stuff help me out here.

The 3 that are out seem to be the Hero3 in Black, Silver and White versions. I see that the Black version comes with a wifi remote, but all 3 versions can use this remote. The attachments I can kinda figure out for my self so no need to worry about those. Where I really get confused is the image (both photo and video) capabilities between the 3. I understand the difference between 12mp (black), 11mp (silver) and 5mp (white) cameras, but what about the resolutions of the video for each?

Black is: 1080p60 / 720p120 / 1440p48 /4kp15 / 2.7kp30 / WVGA-240fps

Silver is: 1080p30 / 960p48 / 720p60fps

White is: 1080p30 / 960p30 / 720p60fps

Ok, so I understand the 1080p, 960p, 720p and so on...but the numbers after the p. The 60, 30, 15, 240...are those all fps or just the ones that say fps?

Then the photo part confuses me too

Black is: 12MP/30 fps burst

Silver is: 11MP/10 fps burst

White is: 5MP/3 fps burst

I get MP, but what is the burst part?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

For the average user a Silver is plenty, the black is more for people who want cinematic quality, I got the black and honestly I could have been fine with the silver.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

It captures 30 pics in one second, its for like action shots and the higher fps on video is for people that slow down their shots in editing and the more fps the more they can slow it down without it looking choppy

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Recently got the black as a present, the thing that's weird is if I record in 120fps it comes out kind of glitchy on the computer. So I'm forced to record in 60fps. Is it my computer just isn't able to reproduce in that speed, or is it the cam?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Recently got the black as a present, the thing that's weird is if I record in 120fps it comes out kind of glitchy on the computer. So I'm forced to record in 60fps. Is it my computer just isn't able to reproduce in that speed, or is it the cam?

It's glitchy because your monitor can't display the 120fps. It can only display 60. If you force enable V-Sync in your graphics drivers, you won't get the screen tear that you are noticing.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Dang I figured it was something with my computer not keeping up. I don't have a graphics card, so am I able to enable v-sync?

Other than that the cam has been pretty cool, I also can't update my firmware on the gopro website. Their link keeps failing. My gopro hasn't had any issues yet but I would like to do the update.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

You should have some sort of graphics drivers. Something like Nvidia control panel or catalyst control center

Or intel integrated graphics

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I bought the white one, but wish I had gotten at least silver.

If you have an iPhone or Android, there is a remote app that allows you full control over a WiFi-based system, and gives you a live preview as well. I use it all the time when I have my camera set up for out-of-car shots.

To put this out there, the editions are just their way of selling the old cameras.

HD Hero 3 White --> Original HD Hero

HD Hero 3 Silver --> HD Hero 2

HD Hero 3 Black --> Completely new HD Hero

There are slight variances from the older edition to the new naming scheme, but it essence they are actually the same camera. I believe the "big" thing is that they all have built-in WiFi now.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Archived