Sundown Audio

Hifonics brz1700

boltdbz

so you ordered a BRZ2100 already?....Hifonics are a bit power hungry so make sure you beef up your electrical...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

It's going to be hard to do better than the BRZ2100 for the price. I would suggest a Audioque 2200D or the Crescendo BC2000D but they cost quite a but more.

But just like every one else is saying, Hifonics are power hungry. My friend had a Hifonics BRZ1200 wired to one ohm on stock electrical with a 110a alternator and he had major headlight dimming.

I have a Audioque 1200D on stock electrical with a 80a alternator and I have almost no headlight dimming.

It's going to be hard to do better than the BRZ2100 for the price. I would suggest a Audioque 2200D or the Crescendo BC2000D but they cost quite a but more.

But just like every one else is saying, Hifonics are power hungry. My friend had a Hifonics BRZ1200 wired to one ohm on stock electrical with a 110a alternator and he had major headlight dimming.

I have a Audioque 1200D on stock electrical with a 80a alternator and I have almost no headlight dimming.

I'm about to do the big three, you think that'll be enough or should I start looking at extra batteries

Spend more on an AQ amp, don't get the hifonics if it's going to be one of their higher rated amps. They pull waaaaaayy too much power, and you'll end up spending more in the end on electrical to properly feed them versus getting a more efficient amp and not having to upgrade electrical as much.

Edit: This is coming from first-hand experience. I owned the BRZ 2100 and ran it at 2 ohms, and it was still stupid-hungry.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I'm about to do the big three, you think that'll be enough or should I start looking at extra batteries

I never did the big three but have an extra battery and still stick battery under the hood, your better off getting extra battery, then big three

I don't understand : how can you choose to play at 1 Ohm or at 2 Ohms on the same sub ?
I must have missed something :)

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived