Single Input, Bi-Amp, Daisy Chain, or all connected?

shepherd92683

should be 1.5 ohms a channel

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

If gains/xovers are set properly distortion should be very minimal if any.

Maybe for you ... but Unexceptable for me

Best of luck with you setup !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 2 weeks later...

Im having an interesting thing that started happening the last week or so... Here's the logistics of it all, the amp is rated 225x4, comps are rated 125 each, but Ive been told that they mid can take that or more and so can the tweet. That realistically means the amp can feed 450 to the mids and tweets. I know the deck to volume w/o distortion is 32, and I normally never go past 31 but lately because of this 30. The h/u is 4v and the gains are set below that level. When certain songs play with better quality I can smell the mids coils which is getting me a lil scared... Seems to be worse from the rear. I thought I had everything crossed at a good level and thats the only thing I can think of besides turning the gain down even more.

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

Just because you "heard" they can take it, doesn't mean it's true.

Unless of course, you heard it on the internet.

No but seriously, if you are going to give them more than rated power, I would cross them a bit higher, and I wouldn't really go that much over rated power though

I had heard it from a very trustworthy source who has over 25 years in car audio. Aside from that, I increased my HP on my h/u from 100hz to 220hz and slightly backed off the gain again and it hasnt given me any issues. I was really trying to get more mid bass from the mids but it seems as if they just arent meant for it. So better safe than sorry trying to get mid bass when I have 2 18's lol. Just want to hit the mid frequencies as loud as theyll take it.

Build coming soon

How did that trusted source tell you to set your gains or how did you. Oscope or ?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

That wasnt a question because I already know oscope or dd1 is the best way. I don't have access to either at this point and don't want to spend the money on it right now even though I really need one or the other. It's hard enough to have an expensive hobby and take care of my wife and 3 kids on my income alone lol

Build coming soon

• 4 weeks later...

Cablguy184 you were right... I ended up tearing a cone on a mid last week. I think my next step will be to add a processor and put my 2125 on my tweets alone to run at 3 ohms since they are 6 ohm each. That will put my 4100 able to run at 3 ohms. Until then, ill just not be too aggressive with the power.

Build coming soon

Archived