Truth about RCA cables. Coax vs Twisted Pair

great video!

FYI: http://www.wccaraudio.com if you need high quality RCA's ....just wanted to share that info :D

$50 to $60 for 3 feet. No thanks, I'll keep using what has been working just fine.

When are you going to realize nothing these guys do is to bring forth the cheapest products. Better? Innovative? Original? Game changing? Maybe, cheap? Not by any means. Your opinion is of course valid, regardless of how skewed, but it just seems intentionally abrasive. So...just don't buy it

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

great video!

FYI: http://www.wccaraudio.com if you need high quality RCA's ....just wanted to share that info :D

$50 to $60 for 3 feet. No thanks, I'll keep using what has been working just fine.

When are you going to realize nothing these guys do is to bring forth the cheapest products. Better? Innovative? Original? Game changing? Maybe, cheap? Not by any means. Your opinion is of course valid, regardless of how skewed, but it just seems intentionally abrasive. So...just don't buy it

i paid double that for my old RF twisted RCA's a few years back and didn't complain at all.

if you guys want garbage mass produced RCA's, buy some garbage RCA's. I don't mind a bit. Ours are hand made with very high quality wire and ends.......and tested with a "birthsheet" included with each pair. As you might know, you can spend 10x more on a set of RCA's then what we are even charging so if you think our's are expensive, you might want to look around at other high end cables before you complain. :)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

great video!

While for most, $60 may seem hefty, but for the fact it's tested, and has extremely low impedance compared to most rca's, which is what is very sought after by those looking for the best quality rca's out there, and is actually very cheap compared to the rca's of the same quality, which can cost $1000's of dollars like this one

http://www.amazon.com/Straightwire-Crescendo-II-Meter-Audio/dp/B007S0847Q/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361247509&sr=1-15&keywords=rca+cable

Plus it's also rude to talk badly about the OP's product in his own section of the forum.

Even though I love my Dayton rca's, if I had the cash, I would not mind getting the high quality D'amore rca's, especially since it's tested before being shipped.

Awesome video by the way Tony, very informative, now I know to look out for proper rca's that an amplifier may ask for.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I've skimped before and really didn't realize at how much I was missing. Of course someone could spend less money, but if we're looking for good products I just can't find cheaper prices. Same with my voltage meter...people complain about the price but compared to the Dakotas I purchased...pfft, nothing :)

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

great video!

so for the person like me who can't understand, what are the benefits of using a higher quality RCA cable? I have some RF RCAs in mine so I am thinking this would be more of a lateral move for me. When I did upgrade them, I don't remember hearing a difference in what everything sounded like. Is that because there are other factors in my install that is limiting how good my car sounds or is the difference not about the sound? I know my RF cables are FAR more durable than the walmart shitty ones.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Ok, I am a little confused by this. Are we only looking at the input side? If the input side on any given unit is Differential, do we want Twisted Pair regardless of what the output of the component feeding the input?

Here is my flow chart....

Headunit Balanced Output (speaker level twised pair wire) -> Processor 1 Differential Balanced Input = Processor Unbalanced outputs ->RCA CABLE-> Processor 2 w/ selectable Differential Balanced or unbalanced inputs = unbalanced outputs ->RCA CABLE-> Amplifier Differential Inputs

That being said, I *think* That I want to use RCA's as follows?

Processor 1 -> Twisted Pair RCA -> Processor 2 with Jumper set to differential balanced input->Twisted Pair RCA -> Amplifier Differential Inputs.

Is this right? or do I want

P1 -> Coax RCA -> P2 set to unbalanced input -> Coax RCA -> Amplifier Differential Input

I may be over thinking this. I just don't get the balanced/unbalanced output part of the equation.

Please help! lol

-= J-dUb =-

....no 12 step program can cure my car audio addiction...

Ok, I am a little confused by this. Are we only looking at the input side? If the input side on any given unit is Differential, do we want Twisted Pair regardless of what the output of the component feeding the input?

Headunit Balanced Output (speaker level twised pair wire) -> Processor 1 Differential Balanced Input = Processor Unbalanced outputs ->RCA CABLE-> Processor 2 w/ selectable Differential Balanced or unbalanced inputs = unbalanced outputs ->RCA CABLE-> Amplifier Differential Inputs

Processor 1 -> Twisted Pair RCA -> Processor 2 with Jumper set to differential balanced input->Twisted Pair RCA -> Amplifier Differential Inputs.

P1 -> Coax RCA -> P2 set to unbalanced input -> Coax RCA -> Amplifier Differential Input

I may be over thinking this. I just don't get the balanced/unbalanced output part of the equation.

Please help! lol

Please help! lol

If all your processors and amplifier have balanced inputs then use twisted pair everywhere.

Please help! lol

>Ok, I am a little confused by this. Are we only looking at the input side? If the input side on any given unit is Differential, do we want Twisted Pair regardless of what the output of the component feeding the input?

Please help! lol

If all your processors and amplifier have balanced inputs then use twisted pair everywhere.

Cool thanks.. So the inputs are what matters, and not the ouputs. Also, your RCA's look awesome, had a couple questions though. The RCA ends look pretty long in the picture which can making installation more difficult sometimes. How long do these measure? Also, what gauge wire is being used? A lot of the mass produced RCA cables use a pretty small guage wire in their twisted pair cables, which I am not sure how important the wire gauge is in a 2-12v signal?

-= J-dUb =-

....no 12 step program can cure my car audio addiction...