Truth about RCA cables. Coax vs Twisted Pair

im glad i work for direct tv and have more or less unlimited access to coax cable rg6 i will just have to get the rca ends

Hook a fellow basshead up!!! I need a bunch of RCA cables lol.

i am going to get with Kyle tonight and get a coupon code up for the RCA's. Ill have it up by tonight. Should save a few bucks and i PROMISE you will love the product :)

Im in...

Steve why are you trying to make things so damn easy :)

i can get 1000ft single and 500ft dual all is rg6 premium 100% shielded and 60% braid im pretty sure its 80ohm swept tested from 5hz to 3000mhz

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

TD,

Is there some BALANCED and UNBALANCED verbage going on there?

yeah the whole inverted signal compared to grounded negative of the rca is the difference in balanced and unbalanced. I had to study up on that when I got my rf-bld and I absolutely love that feature!

Thank you Tony for giving me a more visual idea of the two ideas

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

What his video explains is with a twisted pair RCA, which is what basically everyone sells like crazy, it is noise in = noise out, so noise becomes rejected in the amp, if it is a differential amp, only most high end amps have this feature because you required a differential op amp to sum and reject the noise. Most amps fall into the single input signal format, just signal and ground, no summing or rejecting, so any noise in the system you amplify making it a benefit to use sheilded RCA cables, not twisted pair. Sheilded block noise, twisted allow noise because the amp rejects it if differential based.

Like Tony says in the video you will have continuity thru the ground sheild of the RCA on the amp to chassis ground with a DMM, if that is present you need single input Sheilded RCAs. COAX.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

another thing aobut single ended cable is that you cant make sharp bends with it you cant cram it in places and kink it doing that distorts the signal gradual bends are fine as long as it doesnt change the shape of the cable

just something i learned working for directv

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Well just tested my sub amp and no continuity between the main amp ground and the inside pole or outside shield on the amp so guess i been running the right one (twisted). lol little confused but think i got the just of it

Edit: power off on car, all rca's unplugged from amp, - lead from dim to ground block, + lead tested both inside pole and out side ring on input rca's on amp, dimm set to continuity.

Edited by LordArcane

Awesome vid Tony! :good:

I just received my custom 20' SMD COAX cables and love them.

I haven't had a chance to install them yet, but I do have some very detailed measurements comparing them to the regular RG6 coax that I was using.

Resistance-wise the SMD COAX cables are better then RG6 which is impressive since RG6 has a very thick center conductor.

RG6 has less capacitance (better) then the SMD's, most likely due to the increased diameter it has. This is a very minimal difference though and the MUCH better flexibility of the SMD cable far outweighs the RG6 in my opinion.

The RG6 had about twice the inductance of the SMD cables which adds up to more inductive reactance in the upper frequencies.

All measurements were swept from 20Hz to 20kHz.

I've used two different types of RG6 COAX before and to me, these SMD COAX cables are much better.

They are MUCH more flexible and very well made.

I'll post more details after I install mine and do some more measurements.

For anybody interested or new to these cables:

IMG_1394_zps2e8febf9.jpg

Make sure you also check your HU for its output as well.

To make the best use of each cable type, you'd want to match the HU output to the amplifier input along with the correct cable type.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png