Your Van

David

how much does your van weigh? is there any steel in there?

I'm building an extreme car right now, and I'm trying to figure out the roof of the car, trying to decide if I want to go all steel or not, weight is some what of an issue, I am air bagged so I know parts of my suspension can handle the weight, but will all of it hold up is the question, how much did you modify the stock suspension? I have lots of questions, so I will ask more later.

how much does your van weigh? is there any steel in there?

I'm building an extreme car right now, and I'm trying to figure out the roof of the car, trying to decide if I want to go all steel or not, weight is some what of an issue, I am air bagged so I know parts of my suspension can handle the weight, but will all of it hold up is the question, how much did you modify the stock suspension? I have lots of questions, so I will ask more later.

The most it ever weighed was 7260. I would stop and weigh it every year on the way out of town to go to world finals. The only steel in it then was a square tubing frame (about 80#) that went above the batteries to hold 40 Kicker KX1200.1's. There was 48 KX1200's, 12 L7 10, and 28 8 volt batteries. Everything else was just solid mdf. I tried to keep it as light as possible.

The suspension was all Belltech. Drop spindles and springs in the front and fiberglass mono leafs in the back.

Posted Image

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

.....wow

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

how much louder did it get after you built the interior? is it still driveable they way its built now?

what kind of restrictions are there for building the interior, I have glanced at the Extreme rules briefly, alot of it didnt make sense and now rules are changing.

I really want to keep both front seats in the car, But I also have very high goals and Im wondering just how much of an affect the seats have on the loudness.

what was your loudest enclosure? sealed or ported? I am gonna start of with 2 RE MT 18's ported, but eventually I will have 6 15's and that enclosure will most likely be sealed as I dont have enough airspace to port it.

Archived