mrdavebasshead75 Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 Ok so I'm debating on the 1100.4 or the dc 175.4. Mainly want to do the dc tho. What tweeter should I get the 4 or 8 ohm? And how would I wire them together? I'll get the crossovers from cresendo also. Oh and is it ok to run channel 1&2 at 4ohms. Then channel 3&4 at 2ohms? ^^This, I wanted to know this as well!!. So im assuming to run it at 4ohms on ch1&2 and 2ohms at 3&4 he would need all 4ohm speakers for this to work?. I believe so but could be wrong.. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141026-2001-bravada-build-2-15supdated/?fromsearch=1 ----old build!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194247-2005-chrysler-300c-buildslowwwww-lol/ -----new build!!
Omega5002 Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 Ok so I'm debating on the 1100.4 or the dc 175.4. Mainly want to do the dc tho. What tweeter should I get the 4 or 8 ohm? And how would I wire them together? I'll get the crossovers from cresendo also. Oh and is it ok to run channel 1&2 at 4ohms. Then channel 3&4 at 2ohms? According to 8ight, they share the same internals, DC would match better with your plans though I don't know if the tweeter can handle 180 rms, I say get the 8 ohm version, it would be seeing around 90-100 rms if ohm's law is perfect Wire the midbass's in parallel to get a 2 ohm load You shouldn't need passive crossovers if you set the active ones correctly For the last question, yes 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
SWIFT Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 You need good processing to run a active setup unless you want to sound like shit. You should probably run traditional components until you become more knowledgeable a out what to do and what to run. Components will keep up just fine. 2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's 4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low 2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4 Rockford Pro Audio front stage 9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio 2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals
basshead5280 Posted February 24, 2013 Author Report Posted February 24, 2013 What about the crescendo CZ component set or the mezzo off the website? Anyone got any reviews on them? 1999 Durango Current 2 15" DC level 3 15s kenwood HU Cresendo bc2000 Big 3 upgrade Sky high car audio wire Coming soon Cresendo c1100.4 double din New Build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168661-99-durango-dc-audio-package-in-and-box-almost-done/?p=2464991 Clean Build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/171619-dc-audio-durango-clean-build/
Mikey Bates Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 they havent been released yet lol
basshead5280 Posted February 24, 2013 Author Report Posted February 24, 2013 they havent been released yet lol Website says the new product comes out the 26th.. Lol 1999 Durango Current 2 15" DC level 3 15s kenwood HU Cresendo bc2000 Big 3 upgrade Sky high car audio wire Coming soon Cresendo c1100.4 double din New Build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168661-99-durango-dc-audio-package-in-and-box-almost-done/?p=2464991 Clean Build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/171619-dc-audio-durango-clean-build/
Swordlordboy1234 Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 Yeah I'd feed those pwx's all the power you can. 4 pwx 6's at 2 ohms each channel on 2 of the 1100.4 channels. And the other two channels I'd get 2 total 8 ohm tweets and give each channel 1 of those. So each pwx would see 150 watts and each tweet would see 90 watts if ohms law works perfectly ... 4 total pwx 2 total tweeters 1 total 1100.4 My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
Mikey Bates Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 they havent been released yet lol Website says the new product comes out the 26th.. Lol yeah? nd its the 24th hahah
Mikey Bates Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 Yeah I'd feed those pwx's all the power you can. 4 pwx 6's at 2 ohms each channel on 2 of the 1100.4 channels. And the other two channels I'd get 2 total 8 ohm tweets and give each channel 1 of those. So each pwx would see 150 watts and each tweet would see 90 watts if ohms law works perfectly ... 4 total pwx 2 total tweeters 1 total 1100.4 This is what im running....but i may upgrade and go from chan 1 & 2 1 tweet each at 8ohms to 4 tweets at 2 ohms. and get a 1600.2 with some 10s (: Aside that get the C1100 IMO
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.