Sundown Audio

ap3001d going into protect

Awhitewookie

Alright guys. I got everything running in my build, except the top amp keeps throwing itself into protect (bought like new). The bottom amp handles anything we throw at it concerning volume, sub level, gain etc(bought new). But the top one just goes into protect at a certain volume or around 75% of bass knob. Any help please?

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

is it strapped or anything like that what load? what input voltage? Are you daisychaining rcas? how many remotes leads are you running?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

maybe one of the 1500's inside the casing is going bad?

not to be a dick, but audiopipe isn't the most reliable brand. it may just be going bad.

those AP cases make it super easy for stuff to fall down inside onto the board. you can try taking the bottom off and blowing the shit out of it with compressed air.

edit: ^^ answer that mans questions.

Correct me if im wrong, i read from several credible members here that the sub output on the h/u needs to be at max for full use of preout voltage. Mine is a Alpine 9884 at +15. Everything else is zero'd out. Amps are barely at 1/4 gain

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Sorry im slammed at work. 1ohm load all the way. Not strapped. 2 separate remotes, 1 for each amp. The rcas are split at the ends if thats what you mean

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

maybe one of the 1500's inside the casing is going bad?

not to be a dick, but audiopipe isn't the most reliable brand. it may just be going bad.

those AP cases make it super easy for stuff to fall down inside onto the board. you can try taking the bottom off and blowing the shit out of it with compressed air.

edit: ^^ answer that mans questions.

x2 without reading!

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

those amps are only stable down to 2 ohms. 1 ohm is basically making each ap1500 work at .5 ohms. i'm willing to bet thats why its protecting.

They are correctly wired to 1ohm

2013-02-23_17-10-49_686_zps0c497686.jpg

full use of preout voltage means nothing, if at full volume and full preout volume is clipping.

Full volume on most alpines is beyond clipping. normally volume 24-28, and your at 35, with full subwoofer output volume at +15.

I never said full volume. I use 20-22 for volume. Reread please.

if your running 1ohm mono most people say you have to have a strong electrical because the amps are power hungry.

I have some decent electrical. 3 yellowtop optimas, 250amp alt. Voltage doesnt get below 12.2

MY BUILD

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

Archived