Sundown Audio

AudioPipe 1800D

EricDoody95

Friend just hooked up an Audiopipe 1800d and his subs keep popping when he turns it on and off. After trouble shooting, (brandnew RCAs, Wires, Headunit, etc...) its the amplifier. Hopefully he can ship back for a refund or exchange. There's better options out there. I have not heard much negativity on the AP15001D though.

that could have just been a factory error or something I ran one of those for 2 years and never had that problem.

Its more common with Chinese built amplifiers. Its like Hifonics, close to 50% that come in have an issue. That's why you need to buy from an authorized dealer so you can warranty it.

Friend just hooked up an Audiopipe 1800d and his subs keep popping when he turns it on and off. After trouble shooting, (brandnew RCAs, Wires, Headunit, etc...) its the amplifier. Hopefully he can ship back for a refund or exchange. There's better options out there. I have not heard much negativity on the AP15001D though.

that could have just been a factory error or something I ran one of those for 2 years and never had that problem.

Its more common with Chinese built amplifiers. Its like Hifonics, close to 50% that come in have an issue. That's why you need to buy from an authorized dealer so you can warranty it.

ah ok gotcha so I was just one of the lucky ones :P

So uh, guys, im guessing, dont get a audiopipe?

ideally? yea stay away from audiopipe if you can. I can't say I've seen a used SQ 2200 or BC 2k for $250... but saving up for a little bit and getting one of the 2 of those sounds like a good idea to me. lol that's what I've been doing

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

A friend had one putting 2 sa-15s to work, surprised me.

SAs are rated at 600, even if they will happily do over rated putting an 1800w amp on them even if it doesn't quite do rated it should still get some at least decent thumpage.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Audiopipe amps are extremely easy to fit 0 gauge in. I have 2 3001ds...

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Audiopipe is great for the budget. Get two 1500ap

You can also run a used saz1500/skar1500 for around $200

Personally I could bottom out SA-12's on Skar1500 not even fully turned up, but I had built the box extremely low and big.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Audiopipe amps are extremely easy to fit 0 gauge in. I have 2 3001ds...

yea... you have the bigger one. we were talking about the 1800... I promise you the terminal for the 1800 barely fits a 4 gauge

My Build Log

Audiopipe is great for the budget. Get two 1500ap

You can also run a used saz1500/skar1500 for around $200

Personally I could bottom out SA-12's on Skar1500 not even fully turned up, but I had built the box extremely low and big.

You are telling me u can get a used Saz-1500 for 200$...

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

Sky High CCA (2 Runs 1/0 Gauge)

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

2 DC Level 4's w/ XL Softies

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

2 Sets of CT sounds Meso Components

*North East Frequencies*