Rmichael91 Posted February 25, 2013 Report Posted February 25, 2013 It's been raining a good bit here in Florida.. And well today just wasn't such a pleasant day.Coming up on a light already aware and slowing down in a 35mph zone. 2nd car in line was a trailblazer. He stopped short infront of a Silverado, and the Silverado stopped short. I put more into the brakes and lost grip hydroplaning into the back of him. Avoided sideswiping another car in the process. All of it happened infront of a cop, reported it as a no fault. I'm alright, shoulders a little sore from the seatbelt. Sat on the phone with State Farm for 3 hours just trying to get the claim in and a tow on the way. Pretty sure its a ~45min process. But okay whatever. Both headlight housing mounts busted, grills busted up in smaller peices, bumbers done obviously. Radiator support was curled almost outside in, radiators bent 2 different ways, pretty sure I lost a cooling fan. Could've drove it, but rather not tear it up worse than it is. Know more after the dealership starts ripping it apart. Picking up a rental car in the morning where thats my only vehicle and I work full time.
Zapanater Posted February 25, 2013 Report Posted February 25, 2013 Dayyum man glad you didn't get fault though. Hope your insurance doesn't screw you. 2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.
Need Bass Posted February 26, 2013 Report Posted February 26, 2013 Dude, that sucks! Glad nobody got hurt though, and also glad that you were able to aavoid sideswiping that other guy and getting further damage. Good luck with insurance too. My Build Log Heros get remembered, but legends never die.
Rmichael91 Posted February 26, 2013 Author Report Posted February 26, 2013 I got full coverage plus gap. Calling my agent in the morning and verifying the claim and fixing whatever the original chick screwed up. Apparently she didnt know they appoint and dispatch a tow for me to a place of my choosing. Then had it the tow filed as a secondary when it was an accident. Oh and refunded $8 because she needed info from the police report yet they're all electronic now and they charge for them where I live. Insurance can pull them up free of charge.
Blue Posted February 26, 2013 Report Posted February 26, 2013 I'm going to guess there is about 6k in damages. Glad you are alright though. Could have been WAY worse. formerly known as Blue86f150 its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies. Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive this sux camel dicks
Rmichael91 Posted February 26, 2013 Author Report Posted February 26, 2013 I saw the front of the frame bent, core supports done. Needs a hood, radiator, fans, bumper, bumper reinforcement, 2 headlights.. Hard to tell what else without the hood being functional anymore. But I still owe $6k on the loan.
Rmichael91 Posted February 28, 2013 Author Report Posted February 28, 2013 Estimate so far's at $4200 all certified GM parts and paint matched. With a 2 week waiting period. Time for a rental car for work and shit. -.-
WastedTalent Posted March 1, 2013 Report Posted March 1, 2013 Estimate so far's at $4200 all certified GM parts and paint matched. With a 2 week waiting period. Time for a rental car for work and shit. -.- Is that GM parts that are new or used? I know when I was in a wreck, the insurance used quotes with used parts. Body shop said roughly $1800 and insurance said $800. Used splash guards, used bumped, used used used. Body shop got brand new parts in their quote and sure enough, got the insurance to agree to new parts. then 2-3 weeks later, traded it in for a brand new one haha. Sheena = pedobear
Baydestrian Posted March 2, 2013 Report Posted March 2, 2013 State Farm tows for accidents? Shit, when I crashed I called Esurance he was like "Roadside assistance doesn't cover accidents". Fuckers, they are backed by Allstate now so maybe that's changed, though I rather not find out 2015 Mazda 6 JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm 2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.