The car peaks at 46HZ. Now what?

srool

Is this just for burps or daily?

1975 Oldsmobile Omega SalonStill Under ConstructionTeam Sound QubedTeam H-O Alternators / Team Kinetik AudioR.I.P Team US Amps

WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOLD THE FUCK UP!!! I know your honey bun smugglin ass aint talking shit!

I'll explain all:

I'd like to build a box for burps, just to maximize the score out of the subwoofer.

I have 2005 subaru impreza:

Amp: 1 DC 5.0k

Subs: 2 12" DC XL

Batteries: 1X D3400 + 2X D3100

2 runs of 0G from the front to the rear

Dual inputs (meand quad) on the amp.

Metering: SPL LAB Wireless bass meter.

I checked the pead with 12" infitity Kappa Perfect in a 1 CF sealed box.

I don't know how much power I'm getting in every frequency, I don't know if I must know it or not.

from my exp in my car a box tuned to 43hz with 16" of port per peaked around 45-46hz.

i would try 38-40hz with about 14-15" per cu ft. remember though the amount of room the box takes up and the direction the box is facing along with many other things can change the resonant freq a little.

a lot of testing is the only way to get the best result, every car and setup will be different.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

in theory you should tune 5-10 hz below peak , in reality, who knows!!! My last build using 2 10´s peaks at 54 hz and it´s tuned to 57 hz lol, and yes, i tried tuning lower at the beggining and score dropped, also, port is close to a loading wall wich lowers the tuning and peak frequency in some cases if you didn´t know that ;)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived