engine knocking like crazy. do i have a claim?

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Video embedding on mobile > me

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Smelling gas for a day or so after is normal since you have to remove the injectors to unbolt the upper/lower intake. Didn't really hear anything that sounded like lifters, actually sounded more like a exhaust leak, but that could be someone else that was driving by.

Yea.. I can hear the noise I heard. But it might not be so easy for anyone else who hasn't heard it to pick out..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Heard it better in second video, its not a exhaust leak , still can't really hear it good enough due to length of video/ background noise/ crappy laptop speakers.

Edit- Not to go completely off topic, but please tell me the mechanic didn't put dex-cool ( orange anti-freeze) back in.

honestly, im not sure. I wanted to check that too.. i wouldnt be surprised as its gms' coolant although its pretty corrosive iirc. never really looked. had issues since the day i got it back.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

That is not lifters i have never heard lifters making that kind of noise

check your oil now

my reasoning is a cylinder may have filled up with water (water doesn't compress unless you have a 50ton compressor which i doubt :P) and bent a piston rod or broke piston rings

edit wow i can't believe i know language today lol

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Yea i was thinking the same thing, sounds more like a dull thud than a ticking to me the more i listen to the video, which leads me to think is lower valve train. They did drain the old oil and put new in correct? And hopefully they checked the oil pump because when oil and water mix it makes a almost peanut butter like substance that will burn up a oil pump very quick.

If your brother is a mechanic, why would you not have him look at it and diagnose it? Did the shop that you took it to ever really diagnose it when you dropped if off for the repairs?

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

All I hear is a misfire or exhaust leak..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived