How do you hear your doors at 150+ db?

Swordlordboy1234

the jackasses with 37 supertweets are why it sounds harsh. Mine sounds perfectly clear (running 6 mids) and two of them being full range and that's it. Some nice PA mids with a couple supertweets can sound amazing, but when you do 6 mids and 6 supertweets you are ruining a good chance of sounding good.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

the jackasses with 37 supertweets are why it sounds harsh. Mine sounds perfectly clear (running 6 mids) and two of them being full range and that's it. Some nice PA mids with a couple supertweets can sound amazing, but when you do 6 mids and 6 supertweets you are ruining a good chance of sounding good.

Spot on. Don't let someone else's build ruin it for you.

Have i gathered from this that one thing to is if you're running multiple sets not to put a tweeter on every set? Cuz i mean my current plan involves 3 or 4 sets of 2 tweeters and 2 speakers... So that's 6-8 tweeters... I don't even really like alot of highs anyway to much screech hurts my ears.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Have i gathered from this that one thing to is if you're running multiple sets not to put a tweeter on every set? Cuz i mean my current plan involves 3 or 4 sets of 2 tweeters and 2 speakers... So that's 6-8 tweeters... I don't even really like alot of highs anyway to much screech hurts my ears.

Yes this! People overlook this all the time, just look at the efficiencies of supertweeters vs mids, that should tell you enough right there

Team NorthWestSPL

if you have it tuned good and with the right power you can do just fine running half the tweeters as your running mids....2/4 instead of 4/4 or 4/8 instead of 8/8...no point in running so many tweets and then needing to turn them way down so they aren't so harsh or overwhelm the mids...just my opinion

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

my buddy total mayhem has hertz super tweets and mids.

sounds great, but yes harsh for me. still they are the best sounding pro audio highs i've heard.

They sounded better when he had his two mayhems on 8k at full tilt

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Archived