T.A.G. Audio Posted March 5, 2013 Report Posted March 5, 2013 Does anyone have a set of the qc-hf6.5 comps they are cheaper and seem that they would still sound awesome. I have a focal solid 4 amp that would be feeding them 75 watts per side at 4 ohms. Maybe even a little more. So how do they sound and compare to others? http://www.soundqubed.com/QC-HF65_p_144.html 03 Ford f150 2 Sa8 v2s Ap 1800d... Stinger 0 Guage CA Auto/ Electric Big 3 Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker Soon to come another d680 Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back Soon to come Pioneers all around Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp Kenwood KDC-X896 Memphis Line Driver My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee
bcbrassard Posted March 5, 2013 Report Posted March 5, 2013 Reviews for these sound ok. Only 3 though. 100 Watt peak on the speakers seem alittle low, hopefully there under rated. Just be careful feeding them 75+ watts RMS, make sure its clean clean power. Buy some, install, and let us know how they sound. For $99 you cant hardly go wrong! Right?
T.A.G. Audio Posted March 5, 2013 Author Report Posted March 5, 2013 That's kind of what I figured. I think clean a clean un distorted signal should sound really good on them. 03 Ford f150 2 Sa8 v2s Ap 1800d... Stinger 0 Guage CA Auto/ Electric Big 3 Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker Soon to come another d680 Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back Soon to come Pioneers all around Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp Kenwood KDC-X896 Memphis Line Driver My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee
CNF Kevosinn Posted March 5, 2013 Report Posted March 5, 2013 I run all the sq stuff and I love it. I'm going to be putting a set of these in my kick panels soon! *** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ ) "kevosinn's" astro van 8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's 4 Sundown scv 6000's CNF Distribution CNC parts Skyhigh wire some batteries SMD Meters and tools used on the installhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/ 16,000 watt walled silverado build.http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/ 8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60TEAM CNF Distribution
Mha Posted March 5, 2013 Report Posted March 5, 2013 100 peek watts? The old AQ were 100rms weren't they? I was also lookin at them. Anyone know
T.A.G. Audio Posted March 5, 2013 Author Report Posted March 5, 2013 That was throwing me off to because an rms rating is not listed. And I am doing 2 hdc3 10s in my center console on an aq2200 so I thought these comps would go well with that. This will be completed during the summer for now I'm going to stick with my sa12s in my back seat. 03 Ford f150 2 Sa8 v2s Ap 1800d... Stinger 0 Guage CA Auto/ Electric Big 3 Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker Soon to come another d680 Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back Soon to come Pioneers all around Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp Kenwood KDC-X896 Memphis Line Driver My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee
Fosgatefeind Posted March 11, 2013 Report Posted March 11, 2013 the aq pros are 100 rms Buildlog: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/146515-2007-monte-carlo-ls-build-new-plans-with-dc-audio/ TEAM DC AUDIO www.Dcsoundlab.com
T.A.G. Audio Posted March 11, 2013 Author Report Posted March 11, 2013 Yea the pros are up there. I just talked to a guy yesterday that says he has just the comp set in his truck and he said it does not get very loud and it doesent sound very good either. He's got 75 watts going to each side just like I would. But he loves the pro tweeters of theirs. I just think the comp is geared to be cheaper but I'm sure the pros are great. 03 Ford f150 2 Sa8 v2s Ap 1800d... Stinger 0 Guage CA Auto/ Electric Big 3 Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker Soon to come another d680 Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back Soon to come Pioneers all around Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp Kenwood KDC-X896 Memphis Line Driver My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee
bumassjeff Posted March 11, 2013 Report Posted March 11, 2013 I have a pair of these when they were AQ branded, I have them in my 08 Ford Escape and quite frankly think they sound great. Obv. not the best set of comps out there, but I picked up two sets when they were on the cheap cheap sale and I can not complain! Get plenty loud for me on my RF 300-4.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.