Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

opinions?? on cut through and box design


hod913

Recommended Posts

Posted

Im curious, you've got a whole bed to play with(from the sound of it perhaps you don't) why aren't you thinking you have room for 4 subs? Why are you potentially limited? Do you have a big channel cut out due to a hydro or bag setup and that's why you don't have depth? If wouldn't even be worth it, for me anyway, to cut my beautiful truck for only 2 12" subs. I can fit that in the can(your can may be smaller do I can't speak for your application)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Yea if your going as far as cutting a hole in your truck cab for bass then I wouldn't do anything less than 4 12's. donut right the first time so you don't waste time/money doing it a second time.

That's right, DONUT right the first time. Hahahaha, autocorrect or Swype is the likely culprit here I assume.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Yea if your going as far as cutting a hole in your truck cab for bass then I wouldn't do anything less than 4 12's. donut right the first time so you don't waste time/money doing it a second time.

That's right, DONUT right the first time. Hahahaha, autocorrect or Swype is the likely culprit here I assume.

LOLOL I didn't notice that. Freakin autocorrect...

Posted

P.S. Anything Randal aka CablGuy184 says, listen to it. He knows a thing or two about what he's saying ;)

Thank you Sir !!!

Also, I've seen 2 15s in a ported enclosure with plenty of room left in the bed of the truck ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

I have the same dilemma with Moto, my fix is a trailer. Your truck is already cut up enough, so I assume it's familiar with the grinder, plasma cutter, etc. Is there anyway you can fit 15" subs with your bed height? You don't have the airspace I assume though huh, CRAP. You know what, how bout just s couple of BADASS 12s then? Like Fi BTL, or Ascendant Mayhems or ZVX from Skar, Z series from Sundown?That way you can get the most out of the airspace available

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

P.S. Anything Randal aka CablGuy184 says, listen to it. He knows a thing or two about what he's saying ;)

Thank you Sir !!!

Also, I've seen 2 15s in a ported enclosure with plenty of room left in the bed of the truck ...

He's got limited depth from the channel be cut out in order to tuck his axle up there :(

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

i could get 15's in there but they would not show all the way through the cut. some of the sub would be blocked by the bed and maybe not fire all the way through if that makes sense.

thats why i chose 12's. and thats what i was thinking a pair of bad ass 12's versus 4 mid level 12's.

Posted

Should have no problem with 2 15s in a silverado cut-through. I'm using about half the bed in my truck and net is around 9 cubes.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

  • Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

 
Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 547 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...