96 impala ss temp sound system

stock trans wont last either, With just bolt ons and a 100 shot (400ish rwhp) I lost a 4l60 in my old 01 ss the second time I ever sprayed it, first pass was a 12.39@117, second pass was around a 13.3@110 just from the trans slipping so bad, ended up going with a xtreme performance built 4l60 and it held up

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Yeah as long as I don't race it I will be good. I just want it to last a few months till I make up my mind T56, built 4l80e or built 4l60e. With the cost of torque converters the T56 wouldn't be a bad idea depending on the cost of parts and labor

Stock 4l60e is garbage, they can't even handle the stock power output of most of the cars they were in.

Upping the line pressure and using a corvette servo can only do so much.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Wider band, Beast sunshell, hardened drum, hardened shaft, extra clutch performance kit that adds 15 clutches a super 4 servo and that 4l60e will take more abuse than a 4l80e. People always skip this process and call it junk. I drive my car like a maniac and have yet to blow up on me.. It's the people who want to drag race on a stock transmission

you gotta consider the weight of an Impala SS. base curb weight with the lt1 was like 4200lbs. Throw in some audio equipment, a few batteries, and the driver/passenger(s) and you are going to to go 5k-lbs real fast.

450+ hp LS3 in a 5000lb vehicle doesn't end well. Iron 370lsx with a 200 shot in a "built" 60e with a Circle D 3200, 5300lb ex-cab Silverado. Truck made 3 passes on a fresh trans before needing rebuilt.

Don't dick with a 60e. You will spend soooooo much money dealing with a 60e. Shift kit and stalled 80e, Tru-Cool 40k cooler, is the way to go.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

By the time I'm done buying all that which adds up to $400 plus $1200 for a torque converter and $1200 labor. Depending on the cost of the t56 I might just go that route

Still run into the same issue. A T56 built to handle a 5k+ lb vehicle is going to be expensive as fuck. And a clutch too, can't forget that. Only advantage you have with a t56 and 60e is the possibility of reusing your factory driveshaft.

But, if you insist of a T56... look for a T56 out of a SRT-10 Ram. They have a 30 spline output shaft(vs 27 spline fbody), a 9010 steal gear set, and a different cut on the gear set. There's a few more differences, but that's a start. Those trans were built to hold up to a 500hp/tq+ in a 5000lb vehicle. You will have to pick up an LSx bellhousing though.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived