96 impala ss temp sound system

it depends.. im thinking i will be in the 8k range. it can be done cheaper but im having it with more hp

im reusing my stock 4l60E but i think it will last long

if you get a 5.3 you can have it done with 4k 6k with parts.. the engine can be had for $1500

if you do it yourself you save lots of $$$$

How manu hp you aiming?

Im considering doing it in my car at some point cause the current engine is expensive to maintain (4.4 v8 vanos) and cost of upgrades is ridiculous... Ive seen 7.0 in e39 touring and it was pure sex

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Further south you go, orzech, the cheaper LS swap stuff gets. OK, TX, Arkansas, Lousiana, 5.3's go for $400-600 all day every day. Best bet would be to use a T56 manual, from an Fbody camaro. But, if you could find it, an LS6/T56 combo from a first gen CTS-V in a junkyard. A few of them also had LS2's, year dependent. I had a fuck ton of stuff on file pertaining LSx swaps, mainly in 88-98 pickups....

Not a really indepth list, but I'll try and tackle it....

Drivetrain purchase: Engine/Trans $1500-$3000+

PCM/Wiring harness. 0411 pcm, Nelson Performance is pretty big in this. You could go standalone PCM, like Holley EFI especially if you do a manual trans like a T56 or TR6060. An 0411 pcm can be picked up cheap at a junk yard, but a custom harness will cost anywhere from $500 to well over $1500 in some cases. Holley does have a bitchin EFI swap kit for a hair under $1700. plug and play, and you can even get a digital gauge cluster, but thats another $700. Gotta factor in the dyno tune aswell.

Drivetrain installation and fabrication. If you don't have access to a WELL equipped shop, you are going to dump a LOT of money here...most shops charge like $80/hr around here. You'll need motor mounts, a full exhaust, custom driveshaft, possibly modifications to your cooling system...

$5k is a low point to start. If one is going to do it, budget atleast like $8k. Haven't even mentioned the fuel system... Vorshlag has their kits, it's $4k for a lot of stuff. Basically everything besides the PCM. All the hardware, per say. http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_4_63&products_id=141&osCsid=ce2d9761748a2d14856b8b5e6aa2a4ba

Not trying to thread jack at all... Maybe even tossing some ideas that you will like, miguel.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

How manu hp you aiming?

Im considering doing it in my car at some point cause the current engine is expensive to maintain (4.4 v8 vanos) and cost of upgrades is ridiculous... Ive seen 7.0 in e39 touring and it was pure sex

im aiming for 450 but would like 550 if possible.. all i know i want a street car so it will have cats for noise reduction

• 2 weeks later...

this is how the car sounds with cats and stock pipes.. it could have flowmasters and resonators got deleted.. car actually sounds good from outside but from inside not at all. if i dont floor it it makes no noise but it actually sounds nice when i give it gas

I've been through a lot of mufflers in ls motors. Just giving you my opinion

As for my truck. I went from flowmaster, to now gibson (which I love but it's huge) and I'm now redoing it again with a spintech 3000xl.

You.are.one of the lucky ones to not have an issue with flowmaster. But if you like flowmaster sound then you are going to piss yourself.when you hear a spintech on an ls

Archived