looking at a few upgrades for my pc need help on water cooler

gonna upgrade ram to G skill ripjaws z 4 x 8gb for 32 gb and get rid of my mushkin

upgrade from my 7770 ghz edition sapphire to 7950 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202007 maybe 2 and crossfire

but my main question is any1 know of a good reliable water cooler for my fx8320 i know it doesn't get over 42C right now but i wanna have fun ;)

right now i am looking at antec or cooler master

my case is a azza hurricane i think it is made for a 120mm cooler if that helps has outlets for piping as showin in picture

0312132311.jpg

i see dust hmm guess i know what i am doing after work :)

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

If you want to go full custom watercooled then I am pretty sure that apogee has water block, reservoirs, tubing, ect. Some really nice stuff.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

If you want just a CPU cooler an option like Corsair's H80 or H80i would be ideal for the single 120mm fan on the back. The 8320 is a 125W chip at stock and can easily pull 250-300+ watts of power and produce massive heat output when overclocked. If you plan on overclocking I wouldn't sell yourself short on a thinner cooler like Corsair's H60 because the smaller radiators can quickly run into issues trying to cool 200+ watts of heat. AMD's newer FX chips will start underclocking themselves once cores start hitting 70 degrees and if you want to play with overclocks the extra $15-20 you'll pay for a better cooler is worth it for the extra few hundred MHz you can squeeze out of your chip.

If you want to do serious business custom watercooling the case can support a triple 120mm radiator in the roof if you remove the pair of 230mm fans that are up top. For a proper custom watercooling loop for the CPU and GPU can easily push into the $300-500 range if not more.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

If you want just a CPU cooler an option like Corsair's H80 or H80i would be ideal for the single 120mm fan on the back. The 8320 is a 125W chip at stock and can easily pull 250-300+ watts of power and produce massive heat output when overclocked. If you plan on overclocking I wouldn't sell yourself short on a thinner cooler like Corsair's H60 because the smaller radiators can quickly run into issues trying to cool 200+ watts of heat. AMD's newer FX chips will start underclocking themselves once cores start hitting 70 degrees and if you want to play with overclocks the extra $15-20 you'll pay for a better cooler is worth it for the extra few hundred MHz you can squeeze out of your chip.

If you want to do serious business custom watercooling the case can support a triple 120mm radiator in the roof if you remove the pair of 230mm fans that are up top. For a proper custom watercooling loop for the CPU and GPU can easily push into the $300-500 range if not more.

actually the fans on top are actually 200mm :( i know cause i had to take a look and measure it i got some bitfenix fans gonna replace those 150 cfm got air movement

i'll do the corsair H80i i will probably replace the fan with this for the 10 extra cfm even though its the same as my case fans http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835150117 unless you know a similar air rate that is just as quiet or one with more air movement with same dbs

$300 - $500 for a custom damn i thought i was putting enough into this thing already lol well we'll see what i get this friday not sure if i wanna try to finish computer or maybe order a xs3400

right now i am hitting 50c with a small overclock 3950 i think thats around 4ghz?

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

They're 200mm fans up top? AZZA's site and Newegg both say 230mm but that may be the max supported size. I figured it shipped with a pair of 230mm fans up top.

Beaker may be on to something. I didn't think an H100 was do-able with the top fans in place but you might be able to make it work. In order to mount it you would have to use some metal tabs to attach the radiator to the top of the case. There aren't a full set of mounting holes for 240mm radiators up top. If you want to mount a radiator normally, the fans are supposed to go in the "attic" part and the screws thread down through them to screw into the radiator. The case supports top-mounted radiators but it's not as elegant as most "put the screws through these holes" designs.

I'd say it's worth it if you're up to trying it out. The H100 is a better cooler than the H80 and if you can make it fit with the top fans still in place you won't lose the added CFM those big exhaust fans add.

Tom's Hardware did a good rundown of how they mounted their triple-120mm radiator in the case.

230mm fans with the top of the case removed:

azza_hurrican-2000_install-2.jpg

How they mounted their triple rad. Note how only the right-most fan has mounting holes. They had to get creative with some metal tabs for the left side. I'm not sure if those tabs and screws would interfere with the blades of the large fans if you re-mounted them up top.

azza_hurrican-2000_install-3.jpg

Again, I'm not sure if this would interfere with the blades of the big fans up top if you re-mounted them. The H80 will definitely work on the back exhaust if you would rather go that route. The H100 route would require some extra effort that I'm not sure anyone has ever done in this case, though I would argue that's half the fun of building a custom PC.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

i just got the h100i installed in my case. not fully completed yet, so i haven't gotten a chance to try it out but i'm happy with the quality of it so far. read reviews between a few of them and this one seemed to provide the best performance to noise ratio

h100i will suffice. I have an XSPC 3x120 double thick Rad. With XSPC Raystorm CPU block. and Phobya 250mm Reservoir with 1/2" tubing. Fans are Scythe GT's IIRC. Whole setup costed me around $350.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

i'll try the h100i nothing like a little challenge actually after looking looks simple for the h100i so either way i am gonna do it

edit few miss placed letters lol

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
2 x-15 sundowns

• 2 months later...

hmm now i am back to the drawing board this has me interested i could place on the side of my pc case http://www.frozencpu.com/products/4283/ex-rad-88/Black_Ice_GT_Stealth_360_Radiator_-_Black.html#blank

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
2 x-15 sundowns

Archived