Going to be getting a free cap today

I stopped with SOTM a while ago, I don't think I'll be able to win, and my box is not covered and I really don't want to cover it

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

How about you get the cap first and then tell me which one it is. Of course everyone immediately runs in and says SELL IT, IT's GARBAGE.

I'm sure it will be better than nothing near the amps ... At least until you can do better with a battery.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

How about you get the cap first and then tell me which one it is. Of course everyone immediately runs in and says SELL IT, IT's GARBAGE.

I'm sure it will be better than nothing near the amps ... At least until you can do better with a battery.

Ideally on 600w a better battery up front and he should'nt be dropping that bad. Hell if it is one of RF's nicer caps it would help.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Here is MY experience with a cap, first attempt was with a 1 farad. I was running stock electrical with a XS 3400 under the hood and no batt in the back. I was dropping down to 11.8 and my amp and sub were getting hot. So I hooked up a Rockford 1 farad. Now with just the battery I was dropping down to 11.8 once I hooked up the cap I dropped down to 10.5 during sustained bass notes. It did take longer to drop down but once it did it stayed down longer also.

Next attempt was with a 10 farad, same set up just pulled a 10 farad Tsunami off of our shelf just to see. With the 10 farad I sustained 12.2 volts for an entire song.

So I snagged a battery off the shelf, let me add it was cheaper than the cap. Cap was on sale for 149.00 and battery was KInetic HC800 for around 120 bucks. With the battery I stayed at 12.8 and that was off the shelf with no charging.

I hope this isn't a vs's kind of thing I just wanted to share my experience with a couple caps and a battery and a slow day at the shop. lol

Like ^ pointed out, you'd be much better off just getting a battery.

Vehicle: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5Front Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsRear Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsSubs: 2 12" Obsidian V2 w/ Upgraded Black Aluminum SPL coilsBox: 5.94 Cubic Foot Tuned to 34 HZSub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1

Mids/Highs Amp: Rockford Fosgate 120.2

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X396Electrical: Single Run of American Bass 1/0, Single Run of American Bass 8 Gauge, Big 3 Upgrade

Build Loghttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161818-1999-toyota-4runner-sr5/

I appreciate what you said Larry. I can agree with everyone that yes, a battery is better than a cap but I'm getting this cap for free and do not have the money for a battery at the moment. If it is a small cap though I will most likely not use it for the reason Larry showed.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I stopped with SOTM a while ago, I don't think I'll be able to win, and my box is not covered and I really don't want to cover it

Just rub some stain on your box and call it done.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

It's not even worth selling, in talking old school rockford fosgate punch 1 farad cap. These things got copper inside? I'll throw it in with my scrap pile.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm