Second Skin Audio

does this seem ok for 4 OA 15s?

jeffrm

also check your torres sheet

as theres something very wrong with the port volume

it should be in the mid 3's not mid 5's

Pretty much :) final Vb= 14.6 cubes, Fb = 29.3Hz but those are still within OA ranges. Lame tuning for an extcab though.

my last wall was tuned to 38 and it didn't get as low as I wanted. most songs sounded like crap. that's the reason for tuning so low.

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

2 ampere audio 3800s @ .5 each

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

If you are looking to get low, this looks fine

If you want more output down low, I'd make the box a bit bigger. But right now for a daily box - something that will play low but not fall on it's face with the high end: that looks fine

so you're saying this box will dig pretty low but still have some good high end? I listen to a lot of DJSNT. so some songs are in low thirties and some in low forties. I'm just wanting something that people will be impressed with. low power subs on low Watts. I have an RD 3250 on all 4 at 1 ohm.

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

Take a look at your same box entered in new Torres version:

jeffrm_zpsd810f0cc.jpg

1.7 cubes difference!. So which version you believe is right?

Through modeling it seems it will peak quite a bit near tuning, 40Hz wont be as loud. I'd seek to tune higher like 32-34

How is there that much difference? Im wanting good low end but also dont want to slack on the lower 40hz range.

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

Both the old Torres (that you use) and the new one have have problems calculating port displacement, the old one fails badly with big fat ports like those in walls. He has stated in his thread that he will fix them but who knows when that will happen.

For your project I would recommend using the new version of Torres and give about 3.2 cubes net per sub and a tuning of at least 32Hz and the 40s will benefit from doing that.

Archived