Second Skin Audio

Do i nead new subs

If it's got no LOW's it must be BO... I mean some brand that will not be named

My brain just autocompleted your thought. if it's got no lows, it must be Bose...Im stupid

DING DING DING. we have a winner. Am I allowed to say that or is that company bashing?

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

If it's got no LOW's it must be BO... I mean some brand that will not be named

My brain just autocompleted your thought. if it's got no lows, it must be Bose...Im stupid

It took me a while too lol. Was just really confusing sense he posted it right after your subs.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Man, it must be early where you guys are. I wasn't saying that about Justin's subs. Those things are bad ass. Come to Texas or Florida when your done with your blowthrough :)

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

Soundrive custom RCA's

My girlies mom lives in Ft Myers, so I'd love to make the trip in my truck all that distance at least once.

Just don't forget. Those subs of yours make me jealous kinda :), oldskool awesomeness.

I'm either in central Texas near Austin or I'm in south east Florida. Just an FYI

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

Soundrive custom RCA's

realy? DO you realize that the bose wooferfs pick up most frequencys that most mids do not pick up. dont trash some thing that you only think you no about. they may not have the power or kick but they doo have great sound quality. But if you look on you will notice that i have a pair of JBL 660 in the deck to conpensate. For your info all deck aftermarket deck units are not all the best. if you notice i sed i have a pink noise mike in my deck which cleans up the sound. this is the reason for keeping the OEM deck. the voltage out put comes from the LC2I. I think some people need to look at the LC@I before they put their foot in their mouth. its not like the back in the day line drivers. PA and car audio yeah a little diffrent but the ouput from a woofer and the sound paramiters are all the same when looking at a tech sheet. If a speeker or woofer can not produce a note your looking for you cant make it do what you want. To say that SPL and SQ are not the same i no that but can you tell me Y? if you cant go on with your self because we already hi that topic. read before you post. go a head with i am god and what i say goes. You no in class when they show your work. on this page please show y. because if you cant tell me y you are just posting what you hear and its not like you realy no y. like azzazel and skull they gave a reason y they picked their woofers. thank you all for the post but dont come with the BS.

PA concert setups can not be compared to Car Audio setups due to the cabin size impact...you can't compare 5kw of PA for a 5k seat concert venue and 5kw car audio substage in a 5seat sedan for example...

SQ is nowhere near SPL...and your not understanding that...

the OEM deck and stock BOSE mids are nothing to be proud of honestly, you can't say your running an SQ setup with stock speakers I don't care if they are BOSE, BOSE are known for their unique enclosure designs that result in great sound...last I checked the BOSE in cars were just speakers mounted in doors and rear decks, they aren't in BOSE enclosures...

I have owned a car with Harmon Kardon, which is sounded good for factory, but can't and wouldn't compare to good aftermarket speakers....I have also run high end digital sound processors and component sets, your never going to convince me that a stamped BOSE factory location speaker is comparable to a nice Car Audio component...I mean this just looks like such a high quality midbass driver....

1996_Bose_Speaker.JPG

more proof you don't know what SQ is is mentioning JBL 660s in the rear deck to "compensate"....SQ puts as much sound in front of you as possible, they don't add speakers for "rear fill"....as N8 mentioned the subs you are running currently are fine....I am done wasting breath trying to tell you that you don't understand the terms your trying to use...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

realy? DO you realize that the bose wooferfs pick up most frequencys that most mids do not pick up. dont trash some thing that you only think you no about. they may not have the power or kick but they doo have great sound quality. But if you look on you will notice that i have a pair of JBL 660 in the deck to conpensate. For your info all deck aftermarket deck units are not all the best. if you notice i sed i have a pink noise mike in my deck which cleans up the sound. this is the reason for keeping the OEM deck. the voltage out put comes from the LC2I. I think some people need to look at the LC@I before they put their foot in their mouth. its not like the back in the day line drivers. PA and car audio yeah a little diffrent but the ouput from a woofer and the sound paramiters are all the same when looking at a tech sheet. If a speeker or woofer can not produce a note your looking for you cant make it do what you want. To say that SPL and SQ are not the same i no that but can you tell me Y? if you cant go on with your self because we already hi that topic. read before you post. go a head with i am god and what i say goes. You no in class when they show your work. on this page please show y. because if you cant tell me y you are just posting what you hear and its not like you realy no y. like azzazel and skull they gave a reason y they picked their woofers. thank you all for the post but dont come with the BS.

PA concert setups can not be compared to Car Audio setups due to the cabin size impact...you can't compare 5kw of PA for a 5k seat concert venue and 5kw car audio substage in a 5seat sedan for example...

SQ is nowhere near SPL...and your not understanding that...

the OEM deck and stock BOSE mids are nothing to be proud of honestly, you can't say your running an SQ setup with stock speakers I don't care if they are BOSE, BOSE are known for their unique enclosure designs that result in great sound...last I checked the BOSE in cars were just speakers mounted in doors and rear decks, they aren't in BOSE enclosures...

I have owned a car with Harmon Kardon, which is sounded good for factory, but can't and wouldn't compare to good aftermarket speakers....I have also run high end digital sound processors and component sets, your never going to convince me that a stamped BOSE factory location speaker is comparable to a nice Car Audio component...I mean this just looks like such a high quality midbass driver....

1996_Bose_Speaker.JPG

more proof you don't know what SQ is is mentioning JBL 660s in the rear deck to "compensate"....SQ puts as much sound in front of you as possible, they don't add speakers for "rear fill"....as N8 mentioned the subs you are running currently are fine....I am done wasting breath trying to tell you that you don't understand the terms your trying to use...

where in the world did you get that i was using it for SQ. I wanted my woofers to have good sound (SQ sound quality) and still nock ( SPL Sound Presure level) .I never stated that i wanted mid bass out of my mids A.K.A bose. I Just think it is able to cary a good tone in comparison to most after market 6 1/2. THe Jbl 660 is their to clean up the over kill on bass from the JBL 12's. You have your thoughts and thats fine. still have not explained what they are and Y they R unreal. But your not wasting your breath on me your just blowing hot air up your own a$$. this guy GN and dont post.

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

PA DOES NOT CORRELATE TO CAR AUDIO. enough. said. its been said 100 times in this thread. now get it out of your head, please. there is a PA section in this forum. if you want to talk PA, go there.

now please, listen to what the fuck people are telling you in this thread. its for your own benefit. they are just trying to help you for gods sake.

obviously there is a reason X person bought a woofer. most of the time its reviews from other members. sometimes its listening to demos in real life. rarely will someone smart buy something because it "looks cool".

also, bose sucks. its all midrange and bass. why on earth can't they use tweeters instead of just 3 inch midrange speakers? they cant reproduce high frequencies. its like a cone speaker that comes stock in older cars. its just a speaker, no tweeter or anything. it cant reproduce all of the frequencies. how is bose reproducing all of it? they cant. ridiculous design for a company whos cheapest product is like $600 for a clock radio. yeah they sound fairly nice, but that doesn't justify the absurd cost.

bose for cars is worse. i've never heard a good sounding bose car. best one i've ever heard was in an audi a8l with the bang & olufsen option. phenomenal.

I came in here wanting to help you but then got a headache trying to figure out what you were saying...if you want us to take the time to explain basic things like why SPL and SQ are not the same, please take the time to at least type out full words and use proper grammar.

Your subs are fine, they compare well to some of the entry-mid level speakers from the companies some people originally listed off.

If you have other questions please state them explicitly so we can help.

Team NorthWestSPL

LOL stock Bose speakers to "Knock"...stop why you are ahead man. Some real knowledgeable people are in this thread...most of them don't even bother posting in threads because of responses like this.

Don't shoot down everybody and then expect great advice.

Go take a look at real SQ builds or even some of the members SPL/SSQL builds

You are blwing hot air up your own ass. Your JBL 660 (guessing 6x9 not 6.5" comps) are not going to "CLEAN" up your "overkill" on bass...some coaxial 6x9s compensating for your lack of midbass/mids/highs up front is making it sound worse. I have never sat in a car and said"Damn those 6x9's sound amazing", doubt yours would change my mind.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived