Prove my mom wrong about hearing loss!

Aint no real way to tell from person to person. Everyone is different.Though I know for a fact my hearing is fucked more from guitar than bass. Ringing in my ears already :rofl: Higher frequencies do resonate in the ear canal more, cause more disruption. Certain parts pick up certain frequencies. Just happens that high frequencies affect the part of the cochlear coil that is narrow and stiff. The part that picks up bass is wider. Just causes more damage that way. That's why say someone who plays in an orchestra will more than likely have worse hearing than a bass head.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

there is a formula for how often you should take a break based off of noise levels.

damage that you do to your ears now wont be something you will notice until you get older. hearing degradation will happen sooner or be more severe once it starts to fade.

here's what my ENT doctor told me: all the hairs that pick up different frequencies are in a chamber of fluid. a diaphragm moves with sound waves just like a mic. and that sends a pressure wave (sound wave) through the fluid in your ears. that pressure hits every hair in your ears with the same amount of force and does the same amount of damage to every hair. however, they never test low frequencies because they are not a common in our daily exposure.

now from personal experience, subs dont do too much to me. they can hurt my head depending on the system but dont really hurt my ears so much. if I turn up mids and highs, then my ears hurt and ring and definitely do damage. be smart about your listening habits. don't go full tilt song after song. hammer one song then take a break. should keep you pretty safe in the long run.

I did have a hearing test last year and I had great hearing with no degrading since the last test I took a couple years earlier. any other audio friends I have seem to have good hearing and had louder systems than me. but then again, we are are still young... ish.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Aint no real way to tell from person to person. Everyone is different.Though I know for a fact my hearing is fucked more from guitar than bass. Ringing in my ears already :rofl: Higher frequencies do resonate in the ear canal more, cause more disruption. Certain parts pick up certain frequencies. Just happens that high frequencies affect the part of the cochlear coil that is narrow and stiff. The part that picks up bass is wider. Just causes more damage that way. That's why say someone who plays in an orchestra will more than likely have worse hearing than a bass head.

actually the part that picks up high frequencies is the wider part closest to the beginning of the coil.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Just tell your mom it's the tweeters that make you go deaf

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I told her that Thales, she just wants proof lol.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I'm only 19 but have had a system in my car ever since I was 16 (though my current is the first reasonably "loud" system) and I still hear the same as I did before with hearing test reports coming back normal. I think the fact that I don't have my HO alternator has saved my hearing a lil, lol. Most of the time I'll listen to half a song to a song full tilt then turn it down for a couple minutes so the batts can recharge. It even seems like my ears are more sensitive to bass, like now a days I notice bass a long ways off and my friends usually wont hear it until 30 seconds after I first bring it up..

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

Quote taken from hearing loss questions- forum

"Any frequency sound will damage your hearing. You notice bass less, as our ears are less sensitive to it.

This is also why hearign damage from bass goes relatively unnoticed - if hi/mid soudns are too loud, we turn down the volume, but our ears are less sensitive to low frequencies, so we may be doing damage, and not realise it.

I do a lot of PA/staging work, and Bass is DEFINTELY just as destructive as highs/mids. Highs/mids will hurt straight away, but bass notes tend to take a while to have an effect - nausea, disorientation, discomfort.

In fact, due to the wavelength, a bass note has a lot more power at the same level as high frequency sounds.

When you get hearing damage, loss of bass perception is usually not noticed due to its subtlety, and our ear's insensitivity to it. In any case, most adults can't hear low bass frequencies well anyway, but they do physically feel it, which "makes up" for it."

EDIT:

Adding more

"No, bass does not damage hearing like high frequencies.
The small diaphragm in your ear drum is not large enough to respond to bass, like it can respond to high frequencies."

XS-power1.jpg

Archived