Raptorman Posted March 19, 2013 Report Posted March 19, 2013 Well I was diacussing some upgrades and plans for my car such as a wall and my mom is like stupidly concerned about my hearing. Just asking for people to provide the facts and experience. Lets prove her wrong thanks guys. 1996 GMC Sonoma Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass 2 Ampere 5k's @ .5 TEAM FI TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said: Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.
Jessica Posted March 19, 2013 Report Posted March 19, 2013 What? Speak up! Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
ToNasty Posted March 19, 2013 Report Posted March 19, 2013 well ill admit i cant here as well as i used to but in a way thats good. its not from the bass, its from the highs, i have always had extremely harsh highs ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
MrSkippyJ Posted March 19, 2013 Report Posted March 19, 2013 Been doing car audio for about 18 years now, nothing ever too crazy but my hearing is right on par with what it should be at my age. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Skullz Posted March 19, 2013 Report Posted March 19, 2013 The lower the frequency the less chance of hearing loss, as you go up in frequency and volume the greater the risk to hearing loss. Frequencies per second above 250hz for extended periods of time can be very harmful to our hearing but sub bass frequencies even above 150db are much less damaging cause of the lower cycles per second the ear drum has to deal with. EDIT: Think about those bullet super tweeters so many like to use just screaming 10k or more in your ear. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Chris Hammer Posted March 19, 2013 Report Posted March 19, 2013 I passed the military hearing test at MEPS twice...once before ever having bass...and once after my party phase.. Raves Harcore rock concerts(tiny venues big sound systems..harsh highs) my own sub stage...never been that loud though. Riding hours a day on my sportbike with loud exhaust and Moto bike with louder exhaust..and racing with 20bikes with loud ass exhausts. I would say though...the highs really what seem to do damage..or leave my ears ringing after shows . MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
CLNSHVNnDRAGGN Posted March 19, 2013 Report Posted March 19, 2013 I'm going to need pics of said mom before I can provide you with a proper defense. www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win. ^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW
Raptorman Posted March 19, 2013 Author Report Posted March 19, 2013 If anyone has any links or whatever thatd be +1 as well. And thanks for the replies so far! 1996 GMC Sonoma Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass 2 Ampere 5k's @ .5 TEAM FI TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said: Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.
TRTC360 Posted March 19, 2013 Report Posted March 19, 2013 I heard you only lose hearing to those frequencies that you ears are exposed to at high levels for long periods of time, either way I don't think i've lost any hearing in the time i've listened to loud music, I compare it to people talking to me, if people talked any louder to me i'd assume they were yelling for no reason, that's why I don't think i've lost any hearing '93 Firebird Formula V8 H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395 Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4 Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0 G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator www.youtube.com/TRTC360
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.