Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've been looking online(amazon, newegg, etc.) and I've looked at my local walmart too...I'd like to see if anyone has any input on brand/features.

Things I'm looking for:

-around 50-55"

-$800 budget, could go a little more

-good for gaming (should i just look at the response times on the TV's?)

To me it's hard to tell the difference in TV's and I just don't know what's good for what I want...Any input is appreciated

Here are a couple refurbished TV's on newegg that were in my budget, are either of these good:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889262101

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889101405

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Posted

I know from looking at televisions for my parents house to try to get an led tv in your price range. They have amazing picture and use less energy than a lcd and plasma.

Thanks for your help man. I may just go with this 55" vizio. It's an LED and the response time is 5ms, which seems good. But I really just don't know what else to consider on these TV's, I don't know much about the specs.

Anyone else have anything else to add on this TV: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889262101

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Posted

Response timing is a useless marketing feature. You need to look for "input lag" times. There is an entire thread over at AVSforum dedicated to it. For gaming, personally I'd get plasma. Not only does it have minimal lag, the picture quality is very nice.

I'm debating on getting a Panasonic VT50 series. This IPS led tv is garbage. So much white halo effect it's unbearable to watch movies or anything with dark scenes.

Alpine PDX-V9


Morel Tempo 6


Alpine SBR-S8-4


Alpine CDE 149BT



Posted

We have had a Vizio for 5 years now and just picked up a 60" one for our bar.

We like it other than the input board blew on it after only 2 months. Had to have a guy come out and dissassemble the tv and put a new board in it

1349713160_rte.png
Posted

Response timing is a useless marketing feature. You need to look for "input lag" times. There is an entire thread over at AVSforum dedicated to it. For gaming, personally I'd get plasma. Not only does it have minimal lag, the picture quality is very nice.

I'm debating on getting a Panasonic VT50 series. This IPS led tv is garbage. So much white halo effect it's unbearable to watch movies or anything with dark scenes.

Would these be a good TV for my budget: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889187248R

Yeah I was also looking at some vizios, seem to be decently priced.

Thanks for the help guys.

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Posted

Response timing is a useless marketing feature. You need to look for "input lag" times. There is an entire thread over at AVSforum dedicated to it. For gaming, personally I'd get plasma. Not only does it have minimal lag, the picture quality is very nice.

I'm debating on getting a Panasonic VT50 series. This IPS led tv is garbage. So much white halo effect it's unbearable to watch movies or anything with dark scenes.

plasma has it's upsides but in my opinion? too many downsides. I mean where I live, you can't have plasma. The screen breaks and shit. Not kiddin. And all these other things. LCD or LED is where I HAVE to go. But, LED is obviously where I'd go if I could.

Sheena = pedobear

Posted

i have had my share of vizeo and samsung i will choose samsung all the way anymore always has the best of features, when buying a vizeo watch out where you spend your money Vizeo has two different makers, Local walmarts have the lower end of the stick thats why there so cheap, then when you got to a place like frys electronics this is why there tv part numbers never match up to frys from walmart.

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3268 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...