Amps cuts out on exceletation=Help Please

crimped termination let me get some pics up here in 5

2002 Forester

Alpine INE-W927HD, Hertz Mille Legend 3 way 2 DC Level 6's,Bit One Audio , Audison Voce Due and Quattro, 4 Twisted Sounds 3.5K, 8 G31 Batteries, DC Power XP 270 Alternator. All Sky High OFC wire.

Crimp with what crimper.?

Hydraulic or hammer crimp or vise grips or vise? If you didn't use a hydraulic crimper I would goo back and solder ALL of the crimped terminations.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

How did you crimp it?

Just FYI, this is not a crimper. I don't care how it's marketed or if you tried to use it as such. It's not a crimper.

94840.jpg

Nor is this

orthopaedic20stainless20steel20vise20gri

Or this

CL_CV3RBL.jpg

Or heaven forbid you try to use this...

claw.jpg

These are not crimp terminals either. Once more, I don't care who does it or what you may think. They are solder terminals, not crimp ones

ZGuN2-wire-ring-terminals-gold-1-0-gauge

This is a crimp lug

CrimpTypeLug.3.jpg

And this is a crimper

medium_cpo-300B.jpg

If you tried any of the above combinations, your connections are a fail. Re-do them. Either cut them off, re-strip, and solder with new terminals. Or cut them off and re-crimp properly ;)

sorry took a sec stupid iphone

2002 Forester

Alpine INE-W927HD, Hertz Mille Legend 3 way 2 DC Level 6's,Bit One Audio , Audison Voce Due and Quattro, 4 Twisted Sounds 3.5K, 8 G31 Batteries, DC Power XP 270 Alternator. All Sky High OFC wire.

not costant some day its cuts more than other. music no music dont matter a quick go from a stop light and boom sub amp on protect. kicker turn off on and i have to turn HU of and on the get to get DD sub bk on

2002 Forester

Only thing you can do is start tracking it down, start at one end of the car and work your way to the other. Check all connections, make sure everything behind the headunit is good, check amp connections. You have been given every cure for the problem now it's up to you.

will do ty all the info. Just wondering why the wire in the pic is bad? is it possibly shorting? I am going to replace no mater what, but the dumb ass the local car audio shop seemed to think electrical tap answer me personally I believed it might arc or something or the chared part.

2002 Forester

You may not have enough of a battery bank. What is your voltage when it cuts out? You most likely have a spike and will need to add another large battery.

Headunit: Pioneer avh-1400dvd

Subs: DC Audio lvl 4 18 with carbon fibre dustcaps

Sub amp: Rockford T2500-1bdcp

Mids & Highs: RF Prime 5.25's + Focal Polyglass 6.5s

Highs Amp: RF T600-4

Batts: XS Power D975, XS Power D925

Alt: Mechman 270a

Wires: Shok Industries 1/0, RF RCA's and Shok 12/8 gauge speaker wires

Deadening: Second Skin

TEAM DC

TEAM SHOK

Archived