Sundown Audio

Subwoofer wiring help

conbon

Hey guys,

Im new to this stuff and dont know much about all of it yet and i have a few questions about wiring my subs to my amp.

I have 2 12" RF P3D4s wired @4ohms to my 2-channel SoundStorm SSL EV2000.2 amp.

the amp is 2 ohm stable and what im trying to do is get more power but i cant seem to find any diagrams on how to wire my subs to 2ohms.

So basically my question is, how do I wire 2 12" 4 ohm Subs to 2 ohms on a 2 channel amp.

I would really appreciate the help.

Thank you!

Conner Adams

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t1000-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

D4, so you're either wired at 2 ohms per channel or 8... unless you've given us the wrong info or are only using 1 voice coil of each sub.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

It's a 2 channel so since he said he's wired at 4 ohms, I'm assuming bridged. - one channel + in the other, with both subs wired in series/parallel you've got a 4 ohm final load with an amp that puts out max power at 4 ohms bridged more than likely.

Conbon like this:

Screenshot_2013-03-23-10-21-37.png

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

And by the way, there is NO mathematical way to wire 2 DVC 4 ohm coiled subs to a 2 ohm final load at the amp. You can run both positives and both negatives to one channel's positive and negatives, and the same for the other sub in the other channel. You would be running in two ohms per channel that way, but it doesn't really make a difference. You aren't going to notice any difference likely no matter how you wire to the amp unless you run 8 ohms and then the subs will be quiet and barely move. Bridged at 4 ohms or each sub on its own channel wired to 2 ohms will put out the same power. I hope this helps and wasn't too confusing.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yeah i figured it out.. i messed up what i wrote but here it is..

How do i wire 2 12" 4ohm DVC subs to 2 channel amp @ 4ohms bridged.

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

Mines wired currently @4ohms 350 watts rms on a 2000 watt amp. So if i bridge the amp @4ohms would i get 1000 watts x 2 channels? and is that safe for the amp?

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

what? all i can say is that youll most likely not get anymore than 500watts out of that amp

i just keep confusing myself and all of you lol sorry. im such a noob at this stuff. Ill try and make it as clear as possible this time...

What i have is 2 12" DVC 4 ohm subwoofers. I also have a 2 channel 2000 watt (bridgeable, 2ohm stable) amp. I currently have it wired at 4 ohms 350 watts RMS to each sub. My question is, what would be the best way to wire my subs to get the most power out of the amp? Should i bridge the amp, and would i be getting 2000x1 (1000x2). Also, is it safe to bridge it? What are the risks>

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

if your amp is 2ohm stable then you can only wire it down to the lowest of 4ohms.

nothing wrong with a bridged connection, it just essentially sets up your 2 channel amp as a mono block

my best advice would be to ditch the 2-channel amp and go buy a mono block stable at 1ohm so you can wire your subs down to 1 ohm and get the most out of them.

And by the way, there is NO mathematical way to wire 2 DVC 4 ohm coiled subs to a 2 ohm final load at the amp. You can run both positives and both negatives to one channel's positive and negatives, and the same for the other sub in the other channel. You would be running in two ohms per channel that way, but it doesn't really make a difference. You aren't going to notice any difference likely no matter how you wire to the amp unless you run 8 ohms and then the subs will be quiet and barely move. Bridged at 4 ohms or each sub on its own channel wired to 2 ohms will put out the same power. I hope this helps and wasn't too confusing.

And thank you! it is confusing but

if your amp is 2ohm stable then you can only wire it down to the lowest of 4ohms.

nothing wrong with a bridged connection, it just essentially sets up your 2 channel amp as a mono block

my best advice would be to ditch the 2-channel amp and go buy a mono block stable at 1ohm so you can wire your subs down to 1 ohm and get the most out of them.

thanks! but yeah i know, i did bad research and had no clue i could use a monoblock to power 2+ subs. i bought a t1000-1bdcp but im not installing it yet, mainly because i want to see what my 2 channel amp can do.

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.