rumblefish Posted March 26, 2013 Report Posted March 26, 2013 It looks like my Pioneer Premier 880 finally died on me. I don't have the funds for a new head right now. I installed an Alpine 9883 that was in my wife's old car. The problem is that I lost all of my processing. I was looking in my garage and remembered I still had an EQX from back in the day. The sub stage sounds pretty good, so I not too worried about that end. I was thinking about just using the EQX for the hi pass crossover and eq for the hi's. My front stage is a set of German made MB Quart QSD 216's powered by a Sundown 100.4. The amp is bridged and I'm using the Quart crossovers. What do ya'll think about the Alpine / Audio Control combo? You think I can make a decent sounding from stage with them? 02 Tahoe, pioneer 880, quart qsd 216's, skar vvx 12's, sundown sax 100.4 and 1500dv2
BoomZoom808 Posted April 2, 2013 Report Posted April 2, 2013 I would think you wouldn't want to use that HU without it. The EQ on the Alpine is very limited and you also step up the Pre out voltage quite a bit using the EQX. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
n8ball2013 Posted April 2, 2013 Report Posted April 2, 2013 whats your obsession with preout voltage? Wtih a sundown amp that has a very nice crossover section to it and that deck he would be fine without it. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
BoomZoom808 Posted April 2, 2013 Report Posted April 2, 2013 So he would be fine with a 3 band parametric alpine EQ instead of the EQX that has more bands for finer adjustments. I personally find 3 bands to not be enough. Higher voltage on the pre outs in my limited experience sound better. 2 post = obsession? 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
White Lightning Posted April 2, 2013 Report Posted April 2, 2013 I agree with N8, higher preout voltage is not better ... Level matching headunits to amplifiers is always best. Usually within 2 to 4 volts, which is normally what you set your gains up to ... If you need more output power, upgrade your electrical and buy stronger amplifier power ... Simple. Now ... Yes the EQX will help with the older headunit for better sound. However, bridging your amp only adds distortion to your system and in return, not give you the output clarity and dynamics you are seeking, and the EQX should be able to give you great crossover points to where you may can go active and let you run your 4 channel amp like normal, and give you great sound ... Just my suggestion here guys, hope it helps. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
n8ball2013 Posted April 2, 2013 Report Posted April 2, 2013 So he would be fine with a 3 band parametric alpine EQ instead of the EQX that has more bands for finer adjustments. I personally find 3 bands to not be enough. Higher voltage on the pre outs in my limited experience sound better. 2 post = obsession? no just proving you're talking out your ass. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
HatersGonnaHate Posted April 2, 2013 Report Posted April 2, 2013 The voltage variance on the pre outs correlates to where your gains are set. 2v pre outs, gains will be higher. 8v pre outs, gains will be lower. My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.
BoomZoom808 Posted April 2, 2013 Report Posted April 2, 2013 No need to swear guy I'll tone it down. So he would be fine with a 3 band parametric alpine EQ instead of the EQX that has more bands for finer adjustments. I personally find 3 bands to not be enough. Higher voltage on the pre outs in my limited experience sound better.2 post = obsession? no just proving you're talking out your ass. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.