Someone sent shopping

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

I feel you.

Im doing zero deading on the roof, floor, or rear of my baffle,.. Just like you, Im banking on a good seal, doing all that for me...... but, i was gonna shoot some great stuff where ever i could.....

Im right with ya....

Also, are you doing a 2X4 outer shell for the roof/floor? I kinda agree with Ken on the deadening comment if you aren't gonna be having an outer shell that is thick as balls.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Even with a strong outer shell, you still have that few feet between the enclosure and windshield. Everybody knows how much SUV roofs flex, I just think its good idea to address it ahead of time, instead of finding out later that it SHOULD have been done. Easier to do it now, than later when the box is in.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Do the roof, Kyle.

SHit... ok.. ill rethink...... I was hoping the addtion of the 3/4" wood to the roof, would "act" as some control??

As far as a router goes, look into a Bosch, something like this:

78828282-0a12-4ec5-a57b-c266c3be09b1_300

Linkey:

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-2-3-HP-Electronic-Plunge-Router-MRP23EVS/202691140/

Looks great bro, but, maybe a lil much for my dumb ass....... I just need something more simple...

DUUUUUDDDDDEEEE The potting soil adds DBZZZZZZZZZ!!! SWEET!!! Extra deadener man!!! :roflmao:

Fuck yeah dude?!?!? Your just learning this!!!!!!!!!!!!! clown!

Also, are you doing a 2X4 outer shell for the roof/floor? I kinda agree with Ken on the deadening comment if you aren't gonna be having an outer shell that is thick as balls.

The only 2x4 will be, some on the sides where i can fit, and then, the entire back....... was the plan anyway????

Even with a strong outer shell, you still have that few feet between the enclosure and windshield. Everybody knows how much SUV roofs flex, I just think its good idea to address it ahead of time, instead of finding out later that it SHOULD have been done. Easier to do it now, than later when the box is in.

Truth^^^

I've got a Ryobi non plunging router that I picked up local with 5 nice bits(including my 3/4 roundover) locally from Craigslist for like 50 or 60 a couple of years ago. It's been very faithful, but if I'd start over, I'd go with a plunging router to begin with.

Archived