Second Skin Audio

Meade Inspired Sub Enclosure Build for 12's

Good luck on the build, gorilla glue works great, don't forget its water activated, misting water over the area you are gluing, then after you very tight, mist again very light. When I had to attach pvc to mdf gorilla glue was the only thing I trusted to make a permanent bond.

XS-power1.jpg

The best glue to use is titebond 2 or 3 I prefer 2 but either works great! I don't think gorilla glue would work very well IMO. Anyways good luck building! :)

Thanks for that info Bradprobert, I wasnt really sure what to use, I was almost gonna use just regular wood glue, but I ended up using (Gorilla Wood Glue) it was specially formulated for wood projects and such so it wasn't just regular Gorilla Glue. I will give the Titebond 2 or 3 a try on my next build for sure, thanks again for that.

UBL (Uninterrupted Build Log) - CLICK HERE

-----------------------------------------------------

# Deck: KDC-BT555U #

# Amp - Mids/High: PPI MOS-50 #

# Amp - Subs: Hifonics 1100.1D #

# Wire: 4awg 120Amp Fuse #

# F - Mid/High: RE Audio RE6.5C #

# R - Mid/High: RE Audio RE5x7FR #

# Subs: 2x12" Kicker CVR #

This is the finished sub enclosure build. As for tunning it should be around 40-50 hertz. Even tho these subs are not really any good, this sounds amazing, I was impressed with the sound. I will be putting this in the car over the next few days and may do a video if its any good. I know this is on a way lower level than most of the people here, but I share the same love in car audio and I plan to one day be on a much higher level.

883661_521087391270157_1215031039_o.jpg

The best glue to use is titebond 2 or 3 I prefer 2 but either works great! I don't think gorilla glue would work very well IMO. Anyways good luck building! :)

Thanks for that info Bradprobert, I wasnt really sure what to use, I was almost gonna use just regular wood glue, but I ended up using (Gorilla Wood Glue) it was specially formulated for wood projects and such so it wasn't just regular Gorilla Glue. I will give the Titebond 2 or 3 a try on my next build for sure, thanks again for that.

Definitely do Titebond on the next one, I have done both as well and Titebond shits on Gorilla wood glue. Gorilla glue will hold the wood together, but titebond literally acts like it bonds the wood together. I took the screws out of one of my boxes and could use a hammer to pop the wood apart at the seams with gorilla glue. With Titebond, I used a god damn chisel and hammer and ended up fucking up the wood more than breaking up the glue joints.

Is that particle board??

Looks like it.

My dad used to own a custom cabinet shop as a side business and all he used was titebond 2. The only other glue he used was a polyurethane glue. If you glued two boards together about 1 min later you couldn't brake the joint without braking your hand! But for sub boxes titebond is the way to go.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

nice lookin box man. like the sub and fort forward facing. looking forward to the vid. only sugesstion would be paint or wrap.

I'm gonna wrap it today, any suggestions on a spray adhesive?

Is that particle board??

Yes, it is, 3'4 in I was gonna use the MFD 3'4 but this seemed so much more stiffer, is this bad?

Archived