Anyone else use a clay bar on their whip? I spent about 5-6 hours clay barring my truck yesterday. Weather just started to get a bit better out, snow is all gone accept for where there was 4' piles. Decided to give the truck it's first good cleanup after the winter. I've noticed especially on white paint most cars seem to get those little tiny looks like rust spots all over the place that you can only see from 2 feet or closer. My truck even though its barely a year old was covered with them, tar, and other impurities stuck in the clear coat. Clay bar is tedious work and a bunch of elbow grease but it pulls EVERYTHING out. Stuff works great and leaves you with a great finish.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

I washed twice dried it all off then got to work with the bar. I got the meguiars clay kit.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I do mine twice a year.

Doing in the first time is always the worst since the car has probably never been clayed before. But then after that, it only takes a half hour-45 minutes each time because there is so much less embedded contaminant.

Another thing that make it go by faster is to get a paint-safe iron dissolver, since most of the stuff stuck in there is little metalic particles from brake pads. I recomend Iron X for this. It's expensive, but a little bit goes a long way and it really reduces the risk of marring since there aren't sharp bits of iron in the clay

We use some kind of liquid clay bar on cars before we wax them where I work at. Cannot remember the name of the stuff but the cars look damn near brand new when we are done.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Never even heard of this

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

cray bars are the shit. then do the 3 step clean/polish/wax after

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

I do mine twice a year.

Doing in the first time is always the worst since the car has probably never been clayed before. But then after that, it only takes a half hour-45 minutes each time because there is so much less embedded contaminant.

Another thing that make it go by faster is to get a paint-safe iron dissolver, since most of the stuff stuck in there is little metalic particles from brake pads. I recomend Iron X for this. It's expensive, but a little bit goes a long way and it really reduces the risk of marring since there aren't sharp bits of iron in the clay

Yeah it was more or less the brownish spots that took me a while. Looks like rust but I've been told its oils or something coming out of the paint? But getting the rest out was pretty easy just glide over it a couple times and the clay pulled it right off

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3