Ipod 4th gen help

Hello everybody.

This all started from cracking my screen by dropping it. I decided to take this project on myself and installed/tried now 2 replacement screens both having the same problem. The issue i'm having is getting the ipod to display the actual brightness or light so you can see everything being displayed on the screen. BUT..the weird thing is i can take a flashlight and point it toward the ipod screen you can see very faintly everything being displayed on the screen, there's just no brightness. I've tried going into the settings and turning the brightness all the way up but did not do anything. I plug it into the computer and the computer recognizes it. It works fine just no brightness/display.

I've been very careful with everything. But i don't know weather i should try another replacement screen maybe its a possibility that those replacement screens were duds or its something to do with my ipod. But i have no clue what else to think it could be. If one of you have a good idea what's going on here i would appreciate the help! THANKS!

I've repaired these, Lemme tell you they are one of the most annoying Apple Products to do. I would not advise doing this unless you have prior experiance with this sort of thing. Looking it up on youtube as instructions is not ideal. Second how much are you paying for this screen? Replacement parts generally come from china and have a high failure rate out of the package. Lemme know.

I hear ya. I generally have been paying $22-25 per screen/digitizer. The first screen I bought I installed it and before putting it back together I checked to see if it worked and it did! I was excited! So I decided to call it quits for the night and put it back together the next day. Well the next day I sat down and put it all back together and the end result was all the sudden it doesn't work! After checking it the night before. So I ordered a new one and the new one does the same exact thing now.

I hear ya. I generally have been paying $22-25 per screen/digitizer. The first screen I bought I installed it and before putting it back together I checked to see if it worked and it did! I was excited! So I decided to call it quits for the night and put it back together the next day. Well the next day I sat down and put it all back together and the end result was all the sudden it doesn't work! After checking it the night before. So I ordered a new one and the new one does the same exact thing now.

wanna say i was paying around 30+ for mine.. sometimes you just gotta fork it over. Have you tried connecting the old screen back to the ipod to see if its the motherboard? That would be my guess. Try connecting the old screen if you still have it to the ipod. if it works properly it's the screens you are getting if it doesn't work could be internal problem.

By any chance have you tried doing a hard reset of it? I have had several crappod touches die on me and whenever I swap out part I need to do a hard shut down and restart to make the new part work fine. I had the same issue after replacing the LCD panel before. I also had it where the backlight would illuminate but the LCD itself would be pure white. After doing a hard reboot (home and power button held together for 10 seconds iirc for the time) and powering back on did the trick. If that doesnt work then you may need to take it apart and ensure no wires were crimped or cut and that the connection where the lcd plugs into the harness is clean from debris and is not bent.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

• 4 weeks later...

Archived