Second Skin Audio

Can raising the tuning of a box gain db (4 sundown zv3 18s)

I don't know about that box, but maybe it's the pics, if the port window is 36x12 the port should be 43 long to be tuned to 33Hz being the net volume 17.5 cubic feet, definitely it doesn't look like 43" long.

Would you mind posting the external dimensions of the box?

What kind of numbers are you currently doing with this setup? Also I think his box is like 53inches or somewhere around there

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

@joe x it's definetly the pics. The port opening is only 34L. 8w. = 272" of port

It's the pics, just factor in that the removable port is a 0 common walls one and therefore has somewhat higher displacement, couldn't get the 17.5 or the 33Hz on your dimensions but it's near, I guess you could try a partially external port to gain some net airspace as an additional goal, also have the box peak at your cabin resonant frequency once you find out what that is, you could even increase your port area a bit.

Nevermind the difference I found was not really important, I would just try something like this if looks are not a concern, it will free some extra space inside:

Port_zps1d3bc3ee.jpg

I would also seek to find out the resonant frequency of your vehicle and tune in a way that the box peaks near that frequency.

Nevermind the difference I found was not really important, I would just try something like this if looks are not a concern, it will free some extra space inside: Port_zps1d3bc3ee.jpg I would also seek to find out the resonant frequency of your vehicle and tune in a way that the box peaks near that frequency.

Can you inbox me

He's saying if you want more space in the box, just make a new port that is partially external. That will free up some space in the box.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Archived