Cardboardcat15 Posted April 4, 2013 Report Posted April 4, 2013 Anyone else ever done this? All I've found so far is John Hone's Truck. I've got an 01 Dodge Ram 1500 Single cab with a camper shell, and 2 sp4 18's sitting around doing nothing. My original plan was scrapped because the car they were going in (1992 Corolla) is toast. I DO NOT want to cut through the rear wall and do a blowthrough. Here's what I've found so far. I'm hoping it'll work, but I wanted to get some educated opinions on this. I figured a 4th order ported through the rear window would be pretty cool, even if it is only for 2 18's. Thanks for any input fellas. My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/
john253a Posted April 4, 2013 Report Posted April 4, 2013 That's how we have to do all the big truck builds in Australia If we get caught with a blow through they'll put our cars off the road indefinitely Most of us just do a normal ported box And remove the rear window and for accordion rubber So it just like a suv Put it this way more sound goes over the rear seat then through it so where's the difference And depending on truck you may still have a rear section to haul stuff around
Cardboardcat15 Posted April 4, 2013 Author Report Posted April 4, 2013 Yeah, thats exactly what I had in mind. Would building a shell around the box change the output much? My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/
john253a Posted April 4, 2013 Report Posted April 4, 2013 Personal I have never done it or seen it But idd reckon yes As you'll get a lot of flex from the glass roof so a lot less output and sq
STEvil Posted April 4, 2013 Report Posted April 4, 2013 You can get short toppers as well which only cover 1/3 or 1/2 of the length of the box if you dont want to have a full-length topper MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..." Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through. Hammerdown... 1% no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.
Cardboardcat15 Posted April 4, 2013 Author Report Posted April 4, 2013 Well the thing is ive already got the camper shell on there. The issue is whether or not a design will work. Im just curious to know if this has been done a whole lot so I can possibly get some ideas on a design. My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/
CortezDTV Posted April 4, 2013 Report Posted April 4, 2013 Hank has doing it still in a f350 dual lot 4 door I think he has something rediclous like 20+ subs If I had a truck I would do window blowthru or just walk thru that bitch SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
big dee Posted April 5, 2013 Report Posted April 5, 2013 I've seen them done a few times. To me there's not much difference than cutting a hole as far as sound. Just more work
SnowDrifter Posted May 5, 2013 Report Posted May 5, 2013 Look up a guy named Hank Veach. Has had 48 sa-10s in a blowthrough like you describe. Could to a 160 sealed up on the dash at 30hz. I don't care much for the character, but I loved that truck. 160, plays all day, plays low, and has the back row. ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.