RyanJ Posted April 8, 2013 Report Posted April 8, 2013 So about a month ago, I got hit with the "no left turn between 4-7" blah blah, but the sign was hidden behind a tree. So I ended up turning left and getting pulled over. Note, this is my first ever traffic ticket, but I am on probation (as a minor, got caught pre-18) for 3 felonies. My friend got the same ticket and got hit with 250$, traffic school, and a month no license. But he already got like 3 tickets prior to that and I have had none. Do you think ima get hit with the same punishment ? MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
reg93f150 Posted April 8, 2013 Report Posted April 8, 2013 well..... seeing as you've had 3 felonies.... i don't think they will be too easy on you if they look back at your record and such.. but.. it's probably a set ticket and set price they want you to pay.. ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub
Trey_Dog650 Posted April 8, 2013 Report Posted April 8, 2013 Yeah kinda difficult situation to say what's gonna happen. Kinda depends on the judge 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
ChevyBoy95 Posted April 8, 2013 Report Posted April 8, 2013 if the police officer who wrote you the ticket doesnt show, you get let of free to go, no punishment or anything. if he shows you wait to get called up and can fight the ticket and possibly win. thirdly, worse case, you loose, probably have to take a DD course which is like 150 bucks. now this is also with a clean slate, first ticket. (was how it was for me a week ago) Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
RyanJ Posted April 8, 2013 Author Report Posted April 8, 2013 Well, pretty much, there is a program in California called DEJ. It allows a teenager (me at the time) with felonies a chance to clear his charges. The catch is, you have to plead guilty to all the charges (3 felonies for me at the time). You're pretty much on probation still but "really" not. I still have a probation officer and get pee tested but instead of it being a probation officer watching you, it's my parents. In the end, my parents are pretty much my P.O and my actual P.O is just there to help my parents. I have to be on it for a year and be absolutely clean, and if I do, the 3 felonies are gone (when I say gone, It's not like closing your record at 18, its clear of the cops database, court, everything and anything except for like CIA or something) . If I fail to be clean for a year and since I plead guilty, I have to do my max time which is 5 years for me. So its pretty much win or lose.And with that being said, I have been clean for 6 1/2 months now and all clean pee tests, so if they ask my PO how i'm doing, she'll put a good word in. And I doubt the cop is going to show up. MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U Speakers: -Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD New MOB-MOBILE: 2011 G37S Sedan System:TBD Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415
CortezDTV Posted April 8, 2013 Report Posted April 8, 2013 Always show up to court! Sometimes the cop will show and still dismiss the case! Worst that can happen traffic school; ur 3 felonies should have anything to do with the ticket....they shouldn't even ask unless the felonies were driving offences SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
stroupe79 Posted April 8, 2013 Report Posted April 8, 2013 Criminal Record has nothing to do with traffic tickets unless you were involved in a Crime or Chase that involved traffic violations... You can most likely bargain to get the charge changed to something that is not a moving violation...like muffler violation or window tint, something similar in penalty to the ticket you got... you can go take a picture of the sign blocked by the trees and hope that helps...most likely your going to get the fine and any other penalty they can apply... in Ohio it's usually just fines for everything, unless you can't pay... http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/ 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alpine CDE-hd148bt Alpine PKG-RSE2 PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors Kicker KX350.4 Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2 revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2DC Audio 1.2k5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar AudioTechnix 60mil deadenerKnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)
Carbon Posted April 8, 2013 Report Posted April 8, 2013 If you have a good lawyer in court you wont have anything to worry about man
CLNSHVNnDRAGGN Posted April 8, 2013 Report Posted April 8, 2013 If the sign was really obstructed by a tree go take pictures (from a reasonable distance showing so), get them printed, and bring them to court. When you get to talk to the judge tell him your story and that you took pictures, which you have with, to show that the sign was obstructed and you were unable to see that the action you are accused of was not allowed in that area. There's a good chance it will get thrown out or at least have the fines/penalty reduced. www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win. ^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW
Carbon Posted April 8, 2013 Report Posted April 8, 2013 If the sign was really obstructed by a tree go take pictures (from a reasonable distance showing so), get them printed, and bring them to court. When you get to talk to the judge tell him your story and that you took pictures, which you have with, to show that the sign was obstructed and you were unable to see that the action you are accused of was not allowed in that area. There's a good chance it will get thrown out or at least have the fines/penalty reduced. This ^ I did something very similar, I was busted doing 50 in a 25 a while back. I took a picture of the road how it was straight and flat for 3 miles. The judge was familiar with the road. Admitted that the road was a money maker for the city. I joked with the cop that Next time I pass through, flag me down and ill give him the $100 in advance. He laughed about it. I requested a private hearing. The judge also thanked me for showing up in a suit. Dropped the points, Made me pay the fine, and sent me on my way.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.