Second Skin Audio

Help me decide - MTX 9500 15

Need Bass

Ok, so I decided that I want to move away from my 2 sony Xplod 12"s and get 1 15" instead. My friend, although usually harsh on equipment, says he has 3 MTX 9500 15"s that he bought new and said he might trade depending on my offer. I have so far offered him my 2 Sony Xplod 12"s in a prefab sealed box (I payed $50 for the 2 subs, $25 for the box):

0308143646.jpg

My Traxxas Slash hobby grade racing RC (payed $100 for it, if I sold it on ebay I could get $150):

1016101246.jpg

and fixing his iPhone 4's screen (it would cost $30 for a screen on ebay, my brother has the tools so he can do the screen replacement)

So my question is, me being cheap and at the moment tight on money, should I trade my $330 worth of stuff for this $400 sub, or should I not take him up on the offer (assuming my trades are good enough)? I should mention that I'm ok with trading the subs and box, but the racing RC and the phone screen are pushing it for me. What do you guys think I should do?

(I don't want this to turn into some kinda vs. thread, I don't want anyone comparing the MTX 9500 15 to my 2 Sony Xplod 12s)

Thanks in advance guys!

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

The mxt has a 4" VC and could be very loud. Very worth the trade imo the reason i mention the coil size, because you can BEAST a recone if needed down the road.

On 2/27/2013 at 9:21 AM, Swordlordboy1234 said:

Who needs electrical! It's a bc3500... They make power out of hopes and dreams of children

1990 Oldsmobile  Cuttlas Cruiser- New build coming soon!!B47FCE3C-8667-408C-8884-8393C4DAE824-1875-000002C58366462A.jpg

hope your brother knows what entails with changing an iphone 4 screen.

but other than that... i personally would try and save up and get something new since you said your friend is harsh on equipment.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

hope your brother knows what entails with changing an iphone 4 screen.

but other than that... i personally would try and save up and get something new since you said your friend is harsh on equipment.

He's taken apart 4 iPod touch 4th gens already and fixed them in some way, and he bought tools specific to fixing apple devices off of ebay, he definately would be able to do it no problem :)

As for him being hard on equipment, he said he just bought these MTXs new and intends to re-sell them. Since he has 3, and he owns a Mitsubishi eclipse I'm sure he hasn't used them because it would be very difficult to fit 3 15s in a car like that without a dedicated trunk build, and I've known him to make boxes around the same size as prefab ones, so I doubt he's used them :) Thanks for the concern though.

Also, thanks for your input guys, I appreciate it, keep it coming :D

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Also, these are the first subs we got from him along with a head unit and amp, safe to say they're barely alive now:

1009122109.jpg

this is what the close up is of, a volfenhag 10

0000691_volfenhag_10_1000_watt_aluminum_

if I'm not mistaken, he cut the basket to recoil the sub, then gorilla glued the sub back together... told you he was hard on equipment :P There's JB Weld on it too, put on it by us to re-enforce it. These are basically beater subs now :P

But anyway, back to topic: to trade, or not to trade? That is the question!

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

do the trade man, ill do it and they def will get loud

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Archived